icon

eclipse titanium subs?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
l7sdime 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2003 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  

Yeh i been lookin at kicker but from reading the posts put up by marlonc i have read that eclipse titaniums subs are a really good buy. Well i dont have the most room in my truck so i owuld probably only put one but how do you think a eclipse titanium 18" pro with a 2500 to 3000 watt amp to it?? this sub will be in a s-10 x-cab and im just lookin for bass that ppl can really feel when they sit in the truck. i was thinkin about a orion 2500d amplifier. i think orion is good?? could anybody give me any tips on this install and maybe how this would sound? here is the url to the eclipse sub::::   http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=279&1=285&3=1917   well thanks for your time and hope to hear from any and all of you.

thanks alot,

Wes

IronCy 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2003 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  

I have 2 15" Titaniums for sale...used since june.  Just bored and want to build something new. Here is my current enclosure...

http://home.wideopenwest.com/~bholbrooks/Subbox.jpg

btw, these subs are truely amazing...I have yet to hear the Pro models, they are extremely expensive.

-Cy

Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2003 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  
OMG!!!! those are huge! i bet the cost a ton  too....pulls out lint from pockets..
I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
l7sdime 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2003 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  

Yeh they arent cheap.....About 1300 dollars w/o tax and shipping from woofersetc.com. But does anybody think this would be overkill or anything im just lookin for opinions from ppl. I would like to tlak to some ppl that have use them and ask them how they are. Why would these subs go in a sealed box?? eclipse recommends it. Is it because of the great amount of excursion? well if anybody else would like to commment on this subject feel free. O, and IronCy how much do you want for those two 15's and what size box are they in?? Do you have an amp(s) too?? i have kind of limited space but i realy like these subs ppl sya hey are awesome. Well give me your thoughts guys nad thanks for all the help.

Wes

bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2003 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  

I have tried more subs than I could list let alone remember, I have tried everything from $40-$800 and the Titanium’s are the only subs that I have ever been completely satisfied with. The price that you got seems way too high considering that woofersetc.com is not an authorized dealer, and Eclipse will not warrantee them. I paid $800 out the door for 2 of them thru a local authorized dealer. As far as the enclosure goes I have experimented with many different sealed volumes, and have found that 1.25 cu/ft per sub sounded the best to me. As far as amps go I would suggest 800-1000 watts rms each of good clean power. I run (2) Diamond Audio D7401's (1 to each sub) If you have any questions about the subs don’t hesitate to ask me.

IronCy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2003 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  

bberman,

He is considering the titanium pro subs...new for this model year...they only come in 15" & 18" models....they have replaceable components, self repair...his price is pretty accurate...maybe a little lower then retail. 

l7s,

be ready to give up some space for a pro...as well as some major cash..but you already know the price...as far as sealed vs. ported...eclipse recommends sealed, so dont expect much help from them...yes ported is possible, but it will only be possible by trial and error--be ready to build at least two enclosures to get it right (my rule of thumb!).  Most eclipse DEALERS wont even SEE these subs...they are just too expensive to have on display or for demo...not that many customers want to spend the money for the regular titaniums (therefore most shops dont have them in the boards --demo equipment costs the shop), hell, my shop is the leading eclipse dealer in the state, and I, an employee am the only one that has ordered titaniums (and had to order factory direct)...and they have been out for 2 years...I would definitely consider them the "sleeper" sub of the industry (bberman would too !: ))...just for the simple fact that many arent exposed to them, nobody has money to blow....I took a big leap in buying them, i'll admit, but I am VERY happy....im bustin the ear drums of anyone who dares sit in the back of my suv....

hope this helps....im sure the pros will sound awesome, but might be a little much...but if you got the cash to blow, go for it...better make sure you got some power to push it though!

-Cy

IronCy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2003 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  

l7s,

forgot your second question....I have pioneer 7500dvd, avic 90 nav, 12 disc changer, xm, audiocontrol 3.1, 2 sets of mb quart pro components , powered by a ppi pcx 480, and now for the good stuff---2 15" titaniums (guessin you saw the pic) subs, each with their own pcx1500 (1000w monoblock)....200 amp ohio generator alternator, 2 svr batteries in the back, 1 optima red top up front...dismantled my truck, inside is completely covered in dynamat extreme. It gets pretty damn loud in there---but I guess thats what its for huh?!?!  Its took me a year to get to this point, im still not finished with the trim work, and I already am looking for something else...the enclosure was a little larger then I planned, but I went ahead and built it, now I have decided I want something smaller---pretty bad time to decide huh? anyways, I dont want to post my selling price, but lets put it this way, I am selling the box and woofers for less(nice amount less :)) then you would pay for 1 15" pro...btw, the box has a full plexiglass back, the inside is finished (even though its fiberglass)...just pm me....here is a shot from the middle row seats in my truck.

http://home.wideopenwest.com/~bholbrooks/Amprack-Subbox.jpg

later,

-Cy

btw--anyone notice how me and bberman are all over eclipse titanium posts---........share with the world, our fondness of these great woofers!!!!!!!!!

94bonny 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2003 at 9:40 AM / IP Logged  
dont forget memphis another completely underated, not well known awesome brand of subs
tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2003 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  
Got a question kinda off subject, but was looking at the spec sheet on those pros and noticed they have a foam surround, I had always heard to stay away from subs with foam surrounds as its not very durable, am i correct on that??? and if so why in the hell would they make such a killer sub and skimp out on the surround???
l7sdime 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2003 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks guys for all the help on this subject. yeh i want overkill i have a kid talkin smack who is hittin about 155 wit 4 l7 15's and wit this 18 im hopin to be in that ballpark. Im a total basshead so overkill is nothin to me. eclipse titanium subs? -- posted image. im not sure about the foam surround steele but thats a good point. I dont know if that would hurt it or not. So ironcy you think a 2400 watt orion amp would run this sub aight?? its a 3000 watt rms subwoofer so i figured underpowerin a lil bit wouldnt hurt maybe add a lil bit more power when i can catch up on the money. Well any more suggestions you guys hit me up im happy to hear from everybody. Thanks

Wes

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic