icon

What amp fuse should i use?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Dragger817 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2003 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  
i got a fosgate 800 watt amp, and a 1000 watt kicker amp, i bought my self a Stinger Fused distribution block, i was wondering what amp AGU fuses should i use?? Thanks for the help!
Quality is the Key to everything!
Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2003 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  

what guage wire are you running? i would prob reccoment a 180amp for a 4ga power line, maybe as high as a 220 for a 2ga on that set up

Quad L Handyman services
nedgeworth 
Silver - Posts: 264
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2003 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
That's a bit excessive for that gauge wire basically becomes useless!!
Power Gauge Go have a look there and you should be right in picking what you need.
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2003 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
If that is the rms wattage you will need a 140 amp fuse (your will need an ANL fuse and holder) at your battery. An 80 amp in the distro for the 1000 watt amp, and 60 amp in your distro for the 800 watt amp. But what size is your main power wire going into the distro?
Dragger817 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2003 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  
If i have my battery located in my trunk, do i put the 140 amp anl fuse on the 4 guage wire that is going back  into the hood?? If i have a battery terminal with two 4 guage outputs, i can send one output to my hood, and the other straight to the Stinger distribution block, without a fuse, since the distribution block already has fuses?? I'm looking at the warning label on the Kicker ZR1000 amp, it says " Warning... Amp must be externally fused 150amp" does that mean i'll need ANL fuses for the amp, or an ANL distribution block to wire up this amp??
Quality is the Key to everything!
fuseblower 
Silver - Posts: 403
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2003 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  

You will need to put anal fuse close to the battery approx 1 ft.  You will not need to run any wires to under you hood if your battery is in the trunk.  As for the fused distribution block you want to keep it close to your amps.  You want to protect your amps from shorting if there is a short in the wires before the amp and you want to protect your car also if there is short in the wire after the battery.  Two separate fuses or a circuit breaker and a anal fused distribution block also would work for you.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic