icon

beware of karr security!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
camry0099 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2003 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  
It's not only mobile electronics, it's everywhere. Quantity over quality is the name of the game!!
youngblood 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2003 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged  

I'm pleased with the response of this topic.  I'm glad I'm not the only one frustrated.  My wife is doing well as an RN, so I think I'm going to take a three month hiatus and finish up my degree and teach math to kids. 

I know you can still make money doing Quality over Quantity.... I know it in my heart.  And I refuse to give less. 

"Damn you all to hell"..... immortal words by Chuck Hestonbeware of karr security! - Page 2 -- posted image.

lalur 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2003 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged  
hey youngblood what office did u work for when u worked for southwest
youngblood 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2003 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  

well..... it was southwest then it kind of branced off into Northern California Dealer Services.  I work up north in the Bay area and Sacramento Region.  I did attend a Christmas party with the crew down south on the Queen Mary in 1998 but after that I've had virtually no contact with anyone down South.

My crappy ass ex-employers main office is in Antioch.

lalur 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2003 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  
there is alot of crooked guys in that companynote to everyone be carefull the pays is cool but watch out for a lot of b.s
youngblood 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2003 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  

Crooked?!  I can handle crooked.... It's the veritable plethora of butchers and hacks that I couldn't deal.  These $0.39 hamburger stand installers were chucking modules under the carpet and seeing how big of a spaghetti mess they could squeeze under the dash of some poor unsuspecting schmuck who thought they were buying a new car with factory influenced security.  WRONGO!!  What they did buy was a time bomb waiting for a limp wristed crimp to fail and render customers unable to disarm their vehicle.  I, proudly, was the exception and found myself working... this is no joke.... fourteen hours a day... not including commute (three hours both ways) to do the same production as the other flunkies... but I had virtually zero comebacks.  I quit a couple of weeks ago... and I'm making them sweat over their inventory and company car.  For all the times they wouldn't take care of me.... I'm returning the favor.... I hate to resort to tit for tat.... but expecting slam bam thank you mam alarm installs out of me is out of the question.... I have to sleep at night..... Thank goodness my wife makes bank as an RN.... R & R at last.... SCREW KARR SECURITY......

I feel better now.... thanks for the bitch session.beware of karr security! - Page 2 -- posted image.

Notorious 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2003 at 12:55 PM / IP Logged  

Obviously Young Blood has no idea what he is talking about when it comes to KARR Security.  We are the largest 12v electronics installation company in the country.  Please name any other 12v electronic company based in California that pays for the employees entire immediate family health and dental plan.  Name a company that matches employees 401k programs up to the max allowable by law. Name a company that has a 401k program in our industry.  Name a company that provides 85% of its employees with company cars and gas cards.  Name a company that uses the honor system for technicians rather employ middle management to stand over the technicians shoulders.  Name a company that employs 3 full time people that do nothing but technical support and training.  Name a company in our industry where technicians average salary is well above 40k/yr.,  plus the above mentioned benefits and lets not ignore the fact that many technicians are now in the 60-90k yr. salary.  Name a company in our industry that did not  lay employees off ,  after Sept. 11 or during the following recession?/....  How many companies do on the job training without any kind of investment on the employees part?? Electronics schools cost up to 4,000 US ...

Normally I would never answer a post like this, mainly because it lends credability to this persons ignorance, but in this case< I think it would be good for anyone reading this to know what kind of a company we really are.  Good luck newbie,,its a tough industry and it looks like you burned a bridge with one of the leaders.

Notorious
Notorious 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2003 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  

One Last Update on crooked Youngblood.....

who is crooked ???  Youngblood was rumored to have had a deadly weapon at some point,,,and we had to apparently re-po our company car and product.....

again I am lending credability to ignorance, but those replying on this topic, need to know who is crooked.......

Notorious
misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2003 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
i am working at a dealer and heva tons of problems. They have me working under a guy who makes 4 times as much as me and want me to produce as much as he does. i did it for about four months, and saw no raise in pay. I harness everything and take pride in my work, but it is not good enough. they force me to work with code alarm products that always come back because of product failures and often are replaced with audiovox products to make them happy... of course i do not get paid to swap them out. anybody have any job openings in michigan?    ps i love audiovox but hate code alarm and yes i know they re now owned by audiovox
youngblood 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2003 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  

My goodness... It would appear that I may have struck a chord.  Let me make myself extraordinarily clear mr. "notorious".  I never mentioned anyone at the company being crooked.  Not a lot of proof reading will explain that.  And I should state that the privelege of using a company vehicle was appreciated, as was my Kaiser benefits and cough cough worthless dental benefits.... I never saw a 401k anywhere... but if you say it's there... I suppose I can believe you.

My sole beef with Karr Security was their absolute disgraceful quality control.  Disgraceful might not describe it adequately.... non-existent would be more appropriate.  I could count the installers from within Karr Security with one hand after I have chopped off three fingers that I would let in my car to install anything, including air freshener.  Hacks and butchers.  I had to work twice as hard and as long to keep up with Karr's 39 cent hamburger stand installers.  I would absolutely love to see their expenditures for compensating the dealerships on all their repairs.  I buried THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS of dollars in repairs.  On the other side of the coin, you could pay for my repairs in the years that I worked there with two quarters in your pocket and have change left to make a phone call.

As far as any rumoured "deadly weapons"... I have not a clue what you're talking about.  I do own a gun.  I've had a pistol for about nine years.... It's at home, stays at home, and leaves home with my wife and I to target shoot up in the mountains when we go camping.  Then ig goes back home and camps out in my closet.  It's kept spotless and I treat it with kid gloves and has never met the view of anyones face..... yet.  Perhaps you may be pertaining to one of your installers in the Sacramento area.... You know the one, for who I'll not mention, the guy with the gun that was confiscated by the police.  Ya..  the one that was next to the dead body that was killed by it.  Maybe you were referring to that "deadly weapon".   So among your crew of hacks and butchers.... you can add a murderer amongst yor employee aquisitions to be proud of.

I don't need to defend myself to a company that I purposely burned a bridge with.... and I would burn it again... and again.   and I'd be hesitent to call someone picking up the company car parked on my street for you to pick up a "re-po".  I'd call it.... picking up the car you let me use because I didn't want to commute to the bay area to return it.  Too funny. 

If anyone has any questions.... feel free to talk to any mechanic that has seen work done by Karr Security.... go to ANY dealership and ask a mechanic.  I bet they answer with a wince on their face.  I got tired of bailing out the other butchers time and time again.   I'll do the Pepsi challenge with any one of your installers any time..... anywhere.  It doesn't take a lot of invetigating to figure out that my installs were phenomenal.... and it's not like it's hard to do good work... pride in workmanship..... Karr Security is VOID of it.  I've got a nice library of digital pictures if anyone is interested.  My opinion of Karr Security is just that.  My opinion.  The equipment is phenomenal.  I was very pleased with it.... no doubts there.  But I doubt you'll be able to find that equipment to be installed is only as good as the guy installing it.  I can't tell you the embarrassment I felt going to peoples homes to fix their stranded vehicles and trying to come up with excuses for the hacks that work for Karr.  I'm glad that's over.   I shudder to think about all those cars done by your "crew"..... yikes.... it must be hard for you to sleep "notorious"

I sleep like a baby. beware of karr security! - Page 2 -- posted image.

youngblood

If anyone wants some pictures of Karr Securities finest work....lol...I've got plenty

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic