icon

new glass project

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
CarStereoNut 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2003 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  

If you have a Home Depot, Wall Mart, or any good boat supply marina where you are they should carry the products (All Purpose Resin, Fiberglass Chop Mat, Fiberglass Cloth, MEKP Hardener, Bondo, Latex gloves and plenty of them, Acetone to thin out the resin when needed).  Also any place that sells cheap paint brushes, you can clean them somewhat with paint thinner to get a few uses out of them but pick up some extra brushes anyway.  Im sure there's more materials I just cant think of them.  You can also visit selectproducts website just add the .com on the end.  I was not sure if we can  post websites but thet have all the products you need then some.

Thanks  -CarStereoNut-

gta94integra 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2003 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  
Carstereonut about summed it up...Just make sure u get some sand paper also.  I know lowes carries all the materials because thats where I bought mine at.  Its close to the paint department so just ask for fiberglass and the resin and hardner and bondo and gloves and masks and paintbrushes and everything else related to it is right there within the same vicinity of it.  Get some real rough sand paper to take the high spots off of the resin and glass.  A dual action sander or a vibrating palm sander was very helpful to me.  Keep from hand sanding anything as much as u can since it will leave ridges and an uneven surface...any other questions?
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic