icon

SPL System advise

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2003 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged  
Time to revamp the SPL car.   Currently running (10) ten inch jlwo's   this is very nice but in a honda civic i have no trunk and people like to look but would never want.    The goal= mid 150db preformance    hopefully more. retain half of the trunk so about 6.5 cu ft availible for the system. here is what i am considering
(4) MTX9500 10's   or   (2) MTX9500 12's   or (4) JLw6v2 10's or (2) JL w7 13.5's     I am undecided on what amps to run.   The interior of the car will stay which include (4) 6x9's and a set of 6 and a halfs      Let me know your ideas    
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
radioactive 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2003 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
so you have a hatchback correct? if so, create a ported enclosure but this can be very critical for high dB scores. there's many ways you can go about doing this. as for your system i would personally go with the 9500 12's (2) and for amps in my opinion ,Crossfire VR1000Ds' . there's many high power amps out there just thought i'd post that one because that's one of the best amps i've owned. good luck and let me know how it turns out
"The important thing is not to stop questioning"
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2003 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  

wth 10 10" subs in a hatchback..

http://www.adireaudio.com/mobile_audio/drivers/brahma_series.htm

few of these would due

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2003 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  
Ok,    I didnt mention what this car was this is a 1998 honda civic ex    Not a hatch.    I know it makes things alot more complicated    I am not looking to do anything as insane looking as the 10 ten inch subs in there now....   i would like to use some combo that a listed above in the first post   the goal is to retain half the trunk so i have 6.5 cu ft to fool with i can design a box for all those config's    i need help choosing which one i am leaning towards the (2) 12 9500's    but need help with the power.      I dont want to be in a 601+ power class so I have been looking at mmats and rf 800.2 but open to sugestions     help me out guys

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic