icon

Trouble locating a proper wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
utc13 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2003 at 7:10 AM / IP Logged  
JRILLA you are correct. I don't want +12V when the car is off.
What I need this for is as follows. I have a small circuit module that I built (couple of relays, resistor, capacitor, mounted of a piece of circuitboard) which is wired to the power switch of an LCD. The module shorts the LCD switch (i.e. turns the LCD on) when the ignition is turned on. The resistor and capacitor on the circuit are used with the 1st relay as a timer to delay the switch pulse from the 2nd relay a second or two (because if I pulse the switch at the same time the unit gets power it won't turn on, but it does if I delay it). If I start the vehicle normally everything works fine. However if I turn the key forward to run and then wait a second, the LCD will turn on, but then it will go off when I crank the motor because the +12V is interrupted. The module will not pulse the switch again in this case because the capacitor did not have enough time to discharge. I could solve all of this if I could find a wire with +12V in IGN and ACC but not interrupted when cranking (i.e. it would not lose power during start so it would stay on). That is why I was looking for a wire of this nature.
Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2003 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  
couldn't you just run a wire direct from the battery to acheive the constant power?
Quad L Handyman services
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic