icon

Any good Thin 5 and quarters?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
troysnx 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2003 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  

I recently aquired a 04 Caviler and I'm not sure but I'm guessing it has 5 1/4 in front and 6x9's in back.  Knowing the front door speakers might help a little when searching to buy.  So there's my first question, are these 5.25 speakers in front. 

Also, it so, are there any good 5 1/4 that are thin.  With my last car experience I purchased the 6.5 component type-r's from alpine to find they where huge.  Took me a long time but I finally fabricated a spacer to accomodate the giant!  So this time I'm looking at it a different eay.  Least amount of fabrication but still get nice sound. 

I was attracted to the ultra thin focal line, but those are hard to come by and I'm not sure if I'm ready to spend all that money.  If I must I will.  So you think you guys could list off a few brands or models that are thing and DEFINTALLY won't need speacers to fit in.  Component or Co-axe anything works.  I just need some suggestions. 

(I only need a speaker that needs 85 or so watts rms to run it nicely)

R.Troy
T.Hill 
Copper - Posts: 268
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2003 at 5:54 PM / IP Logged  
From the fitment guide at Crutchfield.com, you car has 4x6's up front and 6x9's in the rear deck. There aren't many choices as far as 4x6's go, but you could just get a 1/4" piece of plywood and cut a 4" opening to use a spacer for a 4" speaker. I was able to fit a 6.5" speaker in a 5x7 opening using the same idea. I have focal in my car and love them to death. They make great 4" coaxial's and even a 4" component set. The set is the 100v2. The best price I have found is at www.onlinecarstereo.com at $219.00 and that includes shipping. Or if you can squeeze a 5.25" set in there that would be even better. The other option would be to widen the cutout, but that would be alot of work. If you need any more sites, I know alot of great sites all over the net that have great prices. Hewaspicked3rd@yahoo.com is where you can reach me.
Pioneer DEH-P980BT, Zapco DCREF1000.4,Pioneer TS-C520PRS, Adire Extremis, MTX TA91002, TC Sounds TC-3000 15"
wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2003 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  
If you can fit the 5.25" speakers in the doors, then Infinity makes great speakers.
Reference - okay, but not the best
Kappa - great, but still not the best
Kappa Perfect - excellent, Infinity's best from what I've read.
I'm running the Kappa's in my Explorer and they sound great. And if you've ever seen the install depth for the doros in an Explorer, it is extremely shallow.
Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic