icon

A few install questions

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Scottm69s 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2003 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  

First thing I am about to hook up the power to my DVD player and TV.  I checked the fuse box and there is a fuse in every slot, what should I do?  And should I run both the power wires together?

Next would be making the audio go to all my speakers and subs.  What wires have to go where? Does any of the RCA have to go to the amp?  And I am also putting in my ps2, I have run the video to the TV and the audio to the reciever, will that go to the speakers too?

cartuner 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2003 at 2:47 AM / IP Logged  

dude... you can get power from different places other than the fuse box... you can leech power from the deck, or you can go to the key cylinder harness ( i would go from the deck!!!) But when you tap in for power, try to get it from different points, especially the ground! or signal noise is bound to happen!

As for audio from the dvd player, you'll need to go get an fm modulator. I dont really know of anything else that would give you an audio signal (other than a stand alone unit) or you could try getting some y rca cables and connect it along with your rca's

12voltassassin 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2003 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  
if your head unit is not factory most of the time you can get auxilary input adapter to input sound. remember tape and solder your connections if you dont know how then you should not be installing that equipment.  trust me spend some money to get it installed and save yourself the headache of being embarrased if you mess something up its well worth the money.
i hate ebay they are stealing my business
Scottm69s 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2003 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  
Im not a newbie when it comes to installing sound equipment.  I have a brand new Pioneer 7500 in my truck with 4 preamp outputs.  Will it really be alright to tap into my power for the cd player?
mbiker1 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2003 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  

is the dvd player a cigirett plug in? If so you could do a splice in to the cigirett lighter power and put the ground where ever is avaliable. If it is a plug in dvd player then you could run a hardwire (fused of course) from the battery to a dc- ac converter. If you did this then you could put your t.v. on a relay and have a switch for the t.v. That is what I have done. It makes a great quick off for when you get pulled over and the t.v. is mounted in the view of the driver.A few install questions -- posted image.

mbiker1 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2003 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged  
oh yea the sound. you can get an fm modulator and do that with any stero with an antenna plug in and if you have an aftermarket c.d. player with auxillary  input then you could just plug the rca's right in.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic