icon

The Hardest Remote Start/Alarm Install?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ixj159 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2003 at 10:28 AM / IP Logged  

Lets hear the remote start horror stories?

03 VW beetle, bigest bitch i've seen i think, Transponder works for poop, locks are hard as f**k to find and get to b/c they are in the door, tach is behind the cluster, parking lights 2 wire, hell i say, hell....

Those are rare, a common sucky one is

An Intrigue, where you have to get all your ignition wires behind the radio ;(  ultra sucky also.

What others are a total engineering mess? lets here them

Eric

12voltassassin 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2003 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  

THATS A bad one BUT TRY THIS ONE OF FOR SIZE a land rover range rover 98-2001 NEGATIVE 1st and 2nd IGNition and accesories. so if you got any alarm or remotes start to program you gotta tap the igition on the brain to get into programming with a peice of primary wire from the 12volt  + because even though you relay to change the polarity of the ignitions and accessorys  thats only for during remote start not while your prgramming the brain. thats a pain in the arse  

i hate ebay they are stealing my business
elrayodesinaloa 
Copper - Posts: 120
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2003 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  
Haven't had one yet...I think it becomes a nightmare when you're not patient enough and you loose control. Many cars have the ignition behind the radio it's just a matter of staying cool and relaxed while you're at it, but yeah I understand what you're talking about. It's just one of them days.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic