icon

VSS wire location 2004 Nissan 350z

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
calcar 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2003 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  

Any help would be appreciated. Looking for color code, pulse info, location, module, safe wire testing procedure. I've owned my own car stereo business for 15 years but today I feel like a newbie installing a Nav system.

Thanks in advance,

toadia 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2003 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  
NISSAN, 350Z, 2003, Speed Sense
The VSS wire is in pin 26, gray 16 pin plug, at the Unified Meter and A/C Amp behind the A/C controls in the center console
calcar 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2003 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks Toadia. Unfortunitely, I didn't get the response before I went off to work yesterday. I spent an entire day on Tuesday reasearching the wiring diagrams available through Alldata, And talking to several Nissan mechanics, not to mention doing a little data mining on the internet. The Alldata info helped me locate the module that  the vss wire passes through. Alldata didn't even come close to identifying the wire color code or label one as a speed sense. One of the posters, not sure who at this point,but  I'll be sure to thank him, posted a response about using the ohm meter set to AC voltage, grounding the black lead and probing with the red. That allowd me to probe each wire in the suspected module. Bingo!!! Found it!! Yee haa!! Man, that was a pain in the butt, but at the same time, It's all part of the business that pays my bills. If I'm not armed with the information I need to do my job effortlessly, then I'll become obsolete. So thanks all.

The vss, I tapped into at the white module under the radio that the AC controls plug into, go figure.  The wire turned out to be white with pink dots. During testing the ohm meter read .011 in the stop position to .005 in the motion . Not much difference but enough to identify the vss wire.  I didn't know for sure until I calibrated the freshly installed navigation system, and could see the pulse change in relation to speed .

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic