icon

Alarm for my 91 Talon turbo

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
91TSiAWD 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2003 at 4:25 AM / IP Logged  

Hello, this is my first post here, I have noticed the abundance of knowlendge on this board, and thought I would ask you which alarm you recomend.

I have a 1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD Turbo. My plan is to install the alarm myself. I previously had a 1994 Civic which I installed a Viper 600ESP, however I was never able to get the power locks to work properly, and I was never able to hook up the remote start properly. This was before I had knowledge of alarms and thought I could do the job, which I could probably have done if I knew which wires did what. I am still confused on how to hook up remote start, however. I have been looking at the Clifford Matrix series, but I am not sure which one i want for my needs. I have a turbo timer and I am unsure how to incorporate it into the alarm and have everything work properly. I will be wanting remote start, but seeing how my car IS A 5 SPEED, I am unsure how to install it, although I know it is possible. Other than those things I just want a good, reliable alarm. Also, I have been have trouble finding a retailer that will sell me the alarm without them installing it, if any of you know a website, or a retail store in the washington area that will sell it without instalation, that would be great. Thanks!

P.S. If someone could give me one of those nifty lists of wires and location for a 91 Talon TSi that I will be needing for the remote start, that would be great!

S.I.Autosports 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2003 at 4:54 AM / IP Logged  

Search on the Club DSM site.  They used to have a good how-to article on turbo timers with alarms. http://www.dsm.org  I believe they also had one on installing a remote start on a 5 speed using magnetic switch used in home security systems on the windows.  Here is the list of wire colors and locations for your car.  Remember its always a good idea to check the wires with a meter first.

12 VOLTS CONSTANTWHT OR BLKIGNITION HARNESS
IGNITION 1BLK/WHTIGNITION HARNESS
IGNITION 2BLU/REDIGNITION HARNESS
IGNITION 3IGNITION HARNESS
ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 1BLUIGNITION HARNESS
ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 2
STARTERBLK/YELIGNITION HARNESS
PARKING LIGHTSGRN/WHT(+)FUSE BX
DOMELIGHTGRN/RED(-)DRV KICK
PWR DOOR LOCKBRN/WHTDRV KICK
PWR DOOR UNLOCKBRN/YELDRV KICK TYPE B
TRUNK RELEASE