icon

Need some advice car audio gods

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
TheMadScientist 
Copper - Posts: 153
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2003 at 8:37 AM / IP Logged  
I might be getting a 1992 Mazda Mx-3 from one of my friends. The speaers sizes are 5 1/4 in front and back. I am on a search for some cheap speakers that are really good. I'm looking at component sets,but I still am not fully decided. I also will need an amp to run those speakers nothing really big. I just need someway to block some of the bass from my front and back's and make the bass come out my subs. Which I haven't picked out yet, so any advice will be greatly appreciated.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2003 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  
Depends on what you mean by "cheap"...  Cheap and "sound really good" are not words you'll generally wnat to put into the same sentence...
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2003 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged  
What is you max budget for the speakers and an amp? Also do you already have subs and an amp to push them?
TheMadScientist 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2003 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  
Well, see the thing is I'm trying to trade my friend a truck for his car,but if that trade is succesful he is going to have to give me 1,000 bucks to boot. I need to know the best speakers for the buck. You know? I have already decided on two Kicker L7 12's for subs. So I need to try to find a HU, Front and Back Speaker's both 5 1/4 (maybe component..not for sure)an amp for those and an amp for my two subs. I will probably need a capacitor too. The only reason I want a an amp for my fronts and backs if so I get limited the bass into them so I want blow them of bass becasue I have had that problem too many times. Thanks for any advice guys
troysnx 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2003 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  
hmm.. well two kicker l7's pretty much bite a huge chunk of your dough.  Not to mention the monster of an amp to power those.  I don't know if 1000 bucks will cut it if your looking at a pair of the l7's.
R.Troy
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2003 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged  

I'd check out adireaudio for subs...They are very "cheap" but are one of the best. 

http://adireaudio.com/mobile_audio/drivers/drivers.htm

heres theZeb.com specials page

http://thezeb.com/caraudio/specials_speakers.html

They have some good stuff for "cheapness" that your lookin for. 

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
TheMadScientist 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2003 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  
Bad news guys, I'm going to have to trade my crappy car for the Mazda so I want be getting the 1,000 to boot so I guess I will just have to save up for the rest of the stuff. Thanks for the advice though.
Biohazardous 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2003 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  
as far as the component sets go the infinity reference are a good set for not a lot of money. .  .you can get a component set for around 125      so if thats the kind of set up price wise you r lookin for those arent bad
TheMadScientist 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2003 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged  
What is the best component set for the buck?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic