icon

Horn output in remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
raju 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2003 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  

I have recently installed a remote starter in my honda civic 2001. It has a factory fitted keyless entry which beeps once while locking but the unit which I have installed doesn't have an output for horn or siren. If I try to use light flash wire the light remains on during remote start so probably horn will blow continuosly, so I'm confused as to what to do. Please if anybody can help me will be highly appreciated.

floaterr 
Silver - Posts: 383
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2003 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  
What RS did you buy? Crimestopper 800 off ebay (I got that onenow that I think about it).
door lock pulses will work.
85 - +12v
86 - lock wire
30 - horn or siren (if negative trip)
87 - ground
87a - no connection
This will only work if the unit always tries to lock the doors even if they are already locked.
Also you might be able to use the factory disarm output to flip a relay (pin 86 in the above).
floaterr 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2003 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  
ORANGE / black on the RS-800 Crimestopper
If you diode isolate that and the orange wire then tie together (diode band towards brain) it should honk the horn every time the remote start starts and if you use both it will honk when you stop (remotely) the car or it times out.
floaterr 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2003 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  
dang I think I'm going to do this sometime next week! Thx
raju 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2003 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks floaterr,

The RS installed is an Audiovox APS 685, I can make door lock pulses to work the horn but the problem is it will give the same beep while lock and unlock both which could be confusing if you are not close to the vehicle. Any suggestions? 

floaterr 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2003 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  
install docs
Wait, so you want the unit to honk when you lock unlock the doors?
The only way I can see to do this to have the lock honk the horn and the unlock chirp a siren. Thats the only easy that I know would work, would in fact work without further question.
1 question before you try that.
When you hit the RS button, I need to know if the parking lights turn on BEFORE or at the SAME TIME as the IGN is powered up? Timing is important for my next idea. stand next to the car with radio on and window down. Hit RS and watch the lights.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 09, 2003 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  
The lock pulses out of that APS-685 last for one full second, which makes for a very loud horn blast.
If you need horn honk, it would probably be better to pay the extra few bucks for the APS-785, which has a horn-honk output. If you don't care about the other alarm features the 785 provides, just don't hook them up.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic