icon

capacitor distribution blocks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mbiker1 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2003 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  
should i use a capacitor distrobution block when wiring a high powered system? Im talking high power like 5200 watts.
Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2003 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  
what type of capacitors are you using. one 5farad? multipule 1.5 farad's or what?
Quad L Handyman services
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2003 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  

1st and most important is to make sure that your charging system is capable of handling 5200 watts, which is just over 400 amps + the needs of your  cars electrical system.  As far as the capacitor goes, if you’re using one large cap then just wire it in just before your distro block. If you plan on using several smaller ones then I would wire them in line between your distro and amp. But just remember that the cable between your capacitor and your amp is supposed to be no longer then 18 inches.

mbiker1 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2003 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  
I will be running from the alternator to a stand alone battery which will power the system. So it will be set up to have enough juice for it to run. from there i will have 2 1.5 farad capcitors for each 3000 watt amp. then to 2 15" that push 2600 watts max. The battery will also have a fused relay system for the neons and the squiril cage fans.
superstreet786 
Silver - Posts: 339
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2003 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  
I think using any more than one capacitor you should use a distribution block because it keeps all power even.
mbiker1 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2003 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  
 Yea i know it will keep the power even but will the distrobution block give out enough power?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic