icon

help with r/s problem on 96 blazer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thym8scallmet 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2003 at 1:55 AM / IP Logged  

Ok, I just installed an impules alarm and remote start with window modules up and down on a 96 chevy blazer.  As soon as it was backed out of the garage, the dome light came on and stayed on until the guy got it home and d/c the battery. 

I have been reading about problems with the factory keyless entry, and I would like to know if this may be the problem.

Also,  can any one tell me where teh coil is on this blazer.  I have probed about 5 white wires under the hood and have not been able to find it.

Thanks for any assistance

T

NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2003 at 4:54 AM / IP Logged  
Did you hook up dome supervision? If so, does the impulse have a high current output for dome supervision or a low current? If low current, did you add a relay? If not, there's a chance you blew the module out and it's keeping the domelight on. I see this problem a lot with some of the code alarm stuff. If you don't use a relay on the dome sup it will fry the module and cause the domelight to stay on forever. Of course your problem could be a 100 things..Possibly pinched wire when you put the underdash panel back on? Maybe the guy has his switch all the way up? (Dumb I know, but you'd be surprised..) I would bet against it being something with the factory keyless but who knows..Either way get a good look over everything and see if it's anything obvious first..
As for the coil follow the spark plug wires they will lead you to the coil 90% of the time.
Good luck,
Mike
defective 
Silver - Posts: 642
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2003 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  

the tach is at the throttle body injector....it's white

thym8scallmet 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2003 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks Defective   That was a big help..

As for the dome light, No dude saw no need for dome light supervision, so I left that alone.  I did a bief look for a pinched wire, but still have not found any, and the roll switch is the first thing I looked for and I double checked all the pins and doors, But I am thinking that I may have a defevtive driver side pin. 

ANY other ideas???

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 10, 2003 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  
I did a '97 Blazer recently, and the guy called me back with the domelight staying on. Turns out he had mistakenly released the rear window glass, and it was open just enough to trigger the domelight.
You can get tach inside on those cars, at least the ones that have the older-style dash. When you have the dash apart, you can actually see and access the instrument cluster wires....they're coming out the bottom left of the cluster. Tach is white, in that harness.
thym8scallmet 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2003 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks Chris  The wiring situation is a little tight    can't quite see the tach wire or or the back of the instrument panel. 

As for the light, I checked the back glass too, that was where we were putting the panels. 

Interestingly enough,  I have been doing a diagnostic and have found that if I remote start the blazer, the dome light goes off, and as long as I do not put the key in the ignition and open the door, it stays off.  But once I turn off the ignition, and open the door,  It stays on again.  Strange i Think....

Any Idead??

T

thym8scallmet 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2003 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  
interestgingly enough, I just figgured out that if I open the back doors after the remote start, that the light goes off.  It is when I open either one of the front doors that it stays on. 
padawan 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2003 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  
Sounds like something besides the blazer's door trigger wire is conneected to the alarm's door trigger input wire without using diodes...If the rear hatch or hood is also being protected using the alarm's door trigger wire, u must diode isolate the blazer's door trigger with a diode (band side facing blazer's door trigger wire) and u must isolate whatever else (hood or trunk) with band side facing that wire, both non-band sides then go to alarm's door trigger wire.
thym8scallmet 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2003 at 2:42 AM / IP Logged  
thanks for your help.  I just installed a blocking diode and it goes off now.  Thanks again for all your help

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic