icon

Loudest Subwoofer Set-up Using Audiobahn

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
BigJMan 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2003 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
I have a high-current Audiobahn A1500 HCT monoblock amp that pushes 2000 rms x 1 @ 1 ohm, 1000 rms x 1 @ 2 ohm, and 500 rms x 1 @ 4ohm.
What subs (I don't care how big, I can fit 15's easily in the trunk of my 92' Towncar, and if I move my spare-tire 18s+) would give me the most SPL w/ not less than average SQ?
I want to emphasize again that I'm going for mainly SPL/DB here, but then again I don't want something that will sound atrocious either.
I'd like to fully utilize my amp's ohm-load stability [atleast down to 2 ohms seen by amp, if the amp sees 4 it's a waste of power :)] That means that if I have to, I'm willing to stray from the norm in means of quantity of subs, and number of voice coils to get the most out of my amp.
I'm willing to invest a little more money in my subs this time, so don't be afraid to recommend some expensive brands if it comes to that.
What should I do/buy in the situation that I am currently in?
1992 Lincoln Towncar Cartier
4.6L SOHC Dual Exhaust
Stereo System - Working On It :)
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2003 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  

http://adireaudio.com/mobile_audio/drivers/maelstrom.htm

two of these should do ya good....thats if you have the room..

If not...these

http://adireaudio.com/mobile_audio/drivers/tempest.htm

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
mj239air 
Copper - Posts: 153
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2003 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
Those subs wouldn't come close to handling the power he has. Would just be 600 dollars down the drain.
radioactive 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2003 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  
prices are steep when it comes to that kind of power. i have a directory for 2002 and dont know if the prices differ to this year but here are a couple suggestions. MMATS Juggernaut 15 1400 rms $799/ea (.7/2.8 ohms (death match champion 3yrs. in a row) and Audiobahn's AW1508Q 2000rms $590/ea. 1/4 ohms.......and the list goes on, good luck with the SPL!!!
"The important thing is not to stop questioning"
tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2003 at 7:12 AM / IP Logged  

If you want tons of spl and some good sq, go with Eclipse Titaniums or Diamond Audio TDX's.

http://www.eclipse-web.com/

http://www.diamondaudio.com/

Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2003 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged  

memphis is good too.

kicker soloX would have that power

Sry....didnt notice that is was 1000 watt peak.

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
audiocableguy 
Copper - Posts: 630
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2003 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  
Try the JBL W15GTi. I am using 4 of these in a club running off two Crown 5002VLz Professional amps (2800W a channel) 6-8 hours a night with dance music, full out. Installed them a year ago with no failures. Very wicked low end! JBL is now shipping the W15GTi in a custom pro audio box under the name Vertec.
Remember the more you lower the impedence the higher the currrent draw and the more heat it produces. Plus your dampening factor, amp's ability to control cone motion, is reduced. The install above used 2 amps and not 1 to retain sound quailty and headroom. Enough difference listening to music to spend another $2500. You might want to look into a high output Alternator! No free lunch!
As far as the Autobahn amp, I am not a fan of their products. Have heard many of their speakers and amps and have found them more hype than horsepower. Better stuff out there for the $$$$. Zapco,Tru Technology.
superstreet786 
Silver - Posts: 339
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2003 at 4:38 PM / IP Logged  
I think some Lightning Audio S3.15.VC2's would work good..  they have a dual voice coil and would work great with alot of power
97neon 
Copper - Posts: 195
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2003 at 1:02 AM / IP Logged  
hey, try either either a memphis LVS, or, i have this sub, an audiobahnAWT15X, 15 inch sub, 6000 watts, may not be great SQ, but the DB is amazing, some poeple here don;lt like audiobahn but, oh well, i have it in a 5.1 cubic foot ported box, in a neon, takes up the whle trunk, but well worth it, running a alpine MRV-1507, pushing 1400RMS
fireman1321 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2003 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  

dude man, Bij J...

Buy some subs from ebay if you dont have a way to buy wholesale... type in 10" audiobahn or 12" audiobahn... instead of spending 400 a piece buy 2 12's for about 200 dollars... build your own box brother.... you cant go wrong. use caulk and make sure your boards are as close to perfect... basically you will spend 215-235 dollars... best way to go...

600 watts rms a piece so set up your system at 1ohm for your mono sub... when you order the subs they should come with a guarantee and an ohmage diagram... so dont do anything stupid like buy subs for retail.

Future Fire Man
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic