icon

help, car not starting

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jac2 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2003 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
i have 2000 honda accord ex v6 with hornet 554t  installed .everything worked  fine and one day the car not starting  with a same  factory key that i use everyday. but when i remote start the car it worked fine and able to drive after remote start and turn the key to on position.what can cause this problem??
Jimbob 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2003 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  
This is not very likely but if the bypass module was on all the time and not turning off, then the car could be seeing the signal from the bypass module and the key you put in the ignition, and if it doent like seeing 2 keys then it wont start.  Another option could be that the key you are trying lost its code.  I am not familiar with the exact details of how honda immobilizers work, but I know some cant see 2 keys.  I know for a fact that GM immobilizers can see 2 keys and the car still start. I think hondas are different.  Sorry I didnt help more, but I am curious to know more about this too.  I guess one suggestion could be to put the key in the ignition and press start on the transmitter and see if the car starts  or not.  You may need to turn the key to the on position after you press start though, I am not sure though.  But if the car starts then I bet the key lost its code and will need to be reprogrammed.  If it doesnt start, then I bet the bypass module is constantly on and that will need to be fixed.  I said that you may need to turn the key to the on position after pressing the start button because that might be the only way to allow the computer to see the key in the cylinder which is what you would need to do for the test to work.   I suggest this test with the risk that you may cause the bypass module and the key to lose its code.  I would double check this info before attempting this.  Again, sorry I am not helping you so much.
jac2 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2003 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  
thanks!!!, thats alot of help for me.i will try to start the car with a key that doesnt have a  computer chip.if its not starting then it must be the bypass module.and it auto starts with a key inside the ignition with every positions.
jac2 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2003 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  
i tried to start the car with a key that doesnt have computer chip and its not working. its turning but not cranking.im gussing that the starter kill is activating!?? in the past when i turn off the car and about 20-30 seconds i put the key and i wont be able to start the car at that same time the windows roll up without pussing the lock button. i think because the starter kill automatically turn on in certain time?so i push unlock button and then be able to start the car.and now only with the autostart ,cant start the car manually.
intensem1rider 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2003 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
the same thing happensd to my boss's 2001 ford excersion, it would start and die tho. I pulled the fuses on the remote starter and put them back, re programed the remote, and it has worked ever since.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic