icon

Ford DVD won't run

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Jack-Al 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2003 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  
Okay here's the skinny.  I work at a body shop and we had a nasty head on.  There was a DVD player and LCD  up for salvage so I got it.  It came out of a Ford Expedition.  The DVD and the LCD are in great condition, but it won't run.  I hook up the hot and cold and it looks like it starts to play but shuts down.  It worked before we replaced the unit (It was an insurance thing).  It was out of a 2002 Expedition. The DVD Player and screen themselves are "Ford Factory" although once removed the DVD Player says Delphi Delco all over it.  Any thoughts?  Is it anti-theft or what?  Or is there an easy solution and I'm just missing it. :) Thanks for the help.
misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2003 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged  
dumb question, but are you sure it said delco because visteon has been doing ford a/v systems i thought... i'll let you know on monday ( i work at a ford dealer) Also was it factory installed or was it the ford add-on unit? you can find out by running the vin, sorry if you already knew that.
Jack-Al 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2003 at 12:11 AM / IP Logged  

It was factory installed.  I already had a Ford Fac. Rep look at it.  Yes I'm 100% positive It says Delphi Delco Electronics Systems Player ASM-DVD 12233160

Ser. Man 2

SN: 0164

Shift: 1

The Fac. Rep said that it had soemthing to do with the specific stereo it hooks up to and no one can get the harness diagram to figure it out.  There is a pin out of about 12 wires.  All white except 2 (Pos and Neg Batt Leads)

Jack-Al 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2003 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged  

Bump

misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2003 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  
okay just checkin, i have access to all the tech books, i will see on monday if i am not too busy. i know that all vehicles with the av system have mach audio and that is the extra plug on the radio to power the factory amps but anyways monday i'll try to help you out

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic