icon

ignition controlled door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
1nicemustang 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2003 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  
hey everyone..i have a 2001 mustang with keyless entry as well as a system 4 ford alarm installed......id like to possibly hook up ignition controlled door locks.....any of you smart electrical wizards be able to help out?
NSGrimace 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2003 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
It sounds like the easiest route for you would be to use DEI's 452T door lock pulse generator. This will allow you to create a pulsed output(lock/unlock) from a latched input(Ignition).
Try this link:
http://www.radiomancaraudio.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=DE452T
Hope this works for you.
1nicemustang 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2003 at 6:13 AM / IP Logged  
ok lets try the hook up on this........
i would use the hot at ignition only wire as the trigger.
wire the outputs lock/unlock to the existing keyless entry.
and maybe a ground wire from the module.
now....i have factory keyless entry.......i have a ford series 4 alarm that also operates the keyless entry as well as locking/arming etc.
will integrating the dei 452t cause a problem or feedback into the system any?
if not you seem to have found the problem solver for me then.
Let me know your thoughts on this.
NSGrimace 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2003 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
I am not 100% percent sure of the wiring characteristics of the module, but what i can see from sales adds it looks like you might need 2 of them to complete the project along with a SPDT Automotive relay. The schematic below shows the basic idea of how it should work, granted my assumptions on the 452T are correct. If you can find an installation manual for the module I will be able to give a definate answer.
** Note - The modules on the schematic do not have all wiring info includedignition controlled door locks - Last Post -- posted image.
idiesel 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2003 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  

Most vehicles have a key present switch, using a l.e.d. test light ("mac tools" or "Snap-on" has a nice 6,12,24v about $40.00 cdn. which is safe for testing computer circuits) it will tell green (-) or red (+) use that wire to trigger your relay for ign. triggered door locks.

idiesel
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2003 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged  
Have your checked your alarms owners manual to see if ignition controlled locks is an option? I would think it is in that case you just have to turn it on..I would look into this before doing any wiring..
Mike
1nicemustang 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2003 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged  
nope just a factory keyless system 4 with siren, dual shock sensor, and igniton cut off.
this was going to be a winter project just to see if id be able to pull it off or not. but the above example makes sense to me. they modules only cost 7 bucks so i can purchase one and see what the wiring says on it.
DEI used to have their schematics online till they got smart and realized that car theives had computers also.
deadguido 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2003 at 1:41 AM / IP Logged  

1nicemustang wrote:
DEI used to have their schematics online till they got smart and realized that car theives had computers also.

Security through obscurity is not smart, all this does is make it harder for an amateur to install it themselves

1nicemustang 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2003 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged  
well really isnt that the whole idea is so that the amateur installer does not learn this trade? therefore giving more money to install shops as well as schools that teach the practic of 12volt electronics.
plus...........i dont know of one shop in my area that would ever sell me a viper alarm if i wanted to install it myself.
deadguido 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2003 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  

1nicemustang wrote:
well really isnt that the whole idea is so that the amateur installer does not learn this trade? therefore giving more money to install shops as well as schools that teach the practic of 12volt electronics.

Thats my point, it has nothing to do with security

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic