icon

Need help I am truly stumped w/ dome lite

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thym8scallmet 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2003 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  

To you gods of cars,  This has me just perplexed.  On a 96 chevy blazer, I have installed an impulse alarm w/ remote start.  Once the install was complete, The dome light came on and would only go off if The blazer was remote started.  Starting with the key would not turn off the light, and the floor lights are on too.  Once I killed the RS, If i open the back door, there is no problem.  The light comes on and then goes off when the door is closed.  Once I open either front door, the dome light comes on and does not go off again until the remote start is engaed.  I did not hook anything up for dome light supervision. 

The blazer has factory installed keyless entry

What has me realy stumped is I cut the wire going to the door pin and it had no effect on the problem. 

Please help!!Need help I am truly stumped w/ dome lite - Last Post -- posted image.

T

Drive it like you rented it!!

intensem1rider 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2003 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
sounds like the module is grounding the dome light out and is not switching off when it should. i haven't seen this before so im not much help, sorry
thym8scallmet 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2003 at 2:28 AM / IP Logged  
It is also doing some funny things with the door open buzzer.  It does not shut off unless the door is opened and closed again.  I wish I had the Factory keyless wiring diagram so I could just bypass the thing all together.
mazdatruckin 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2003 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged  

Ok this might be a solution, but don't quote me on it.

Are you using a white wire as your door trigger? If not I'm stumped...

If you are however, the white wire reads a domelight delay, what you need to do is install a diode inline your connection to the trigger. To keep the alarm from reading the delay, place a diode in-line on the white door trigger wire with the anode towards the white wire. Attach your door trigger wire to the cathode side of the diode.

You may be getting feedback which might keep the light on.

Just my 2 cents.

Sound World 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2003 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
The easiest way, assuming you are using the white wire as your door trigger which if I'm not mistaken you should be able to find in the kick area.  That wire should go into some box.  Cut the white wire, cap off the side coming out of the box, and the other side is your door trigger for all doors and you can use your your alarms domelight supervision on that wire as well.  You won't have to worry about any fact. domelight delay, and you can use the domelight supervision of the aftermarket alarm to trigger the domelight to come on when you disarm/unlock the doors.  Also, your domelight should still come on when you open any door, and immediatly go off when you close it, no more delay.  The white wire I'm talking about is not at the underdash light.  Let me know  what you do and how it turns out.  Verify wires with DMM 
thym8scallmet 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2003 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  

thanks for the help....   I dioded the line and replaced the door pin that was faulty and all is good.

thanks

Thanks   
T
Drive it like you rented it!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic