icon

2000 Mazda 626 remote start install ?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nubiannupe 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2003 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  
I recently installed 2 remote starts (CrimeStopper RS 800 III) on two separate 2000 Mazda 626's and I have an observation and a dilemma:
Observation -
  • Although virtually all of the wiring diagrams I've run across as well as the more-than-helpful tips I've run across from fellow members, I found that not all of these models need an immobilizer bypass, but only the V6's. 4cyl's (or at least the one I did) don't need it.
Dilemma -
On both of these installs, I had a problem where the cruise control, for some reason, would not activate. Troubleshooting thus far narrowed the problem down to the brake wire. Now, two separate vehicle wiring diagrams (one from here and one from WireMagic.com) show two different wires as the brake wire - Purple (+) and WHITE/ Green (+), with the brake wire from the remote start unit needing a positive trigger to shut the system down.
I put my DMM on both of these wires in both cars, and they both tested out fine. Now, here's where it gets tricky so stay with me...
Initially, when I hooked up the brake wire from the unit to the cars' GREEN / WHITE wires, the cruise control would not activate at all. However, when I hook up the brake wire to the purple wires in each car, the cruise WILL work, but only if you don't use the remote start prior to using it(cruise).
I put my DMM on the brake wire, thinking that maybe it's throwing out a pulse, some resistance or something, but nothing moved. I even went so far as to swap out brains with new units, but the same thing happened. So I'm stumped at this point.
Anyone care to jump in and interject with some words of wisdom, tips, or just to throw me a bone, that'd be great!! And if you need any further info on what I'm doing (or NOT doing), let me know and I'll provide it. Thanks, folks, in advance!
G. Rick (aka; Tha "R")
**Peter North is my idol***
MECP-Certified 1st Class Installer
Rich06 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2003 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged  
    Very strange problem...an Audiovox disc I have says purple no cruise, WHITE/ grn cruise for brake wire. It almost seems like a module is not getting powered up on remote start. I'm throwing bones now.....what if you cut the WHITE/ grn, put thru relay 87a & 30(30 at brake pedal side) 87 to remote start brake wire, 85 to -ve out when running on remote starter, 86 hot, that way you would think the cruise brain would be totally isolated from starter brake wire....just a thought ..Rich
swinstal 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2003 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  

Do your brake lights stay on? If the cruise wont work it sounds like it's see the brake on even though its not so your remote start could be back feeding power. But if the cruise see's power then you would think so would the brake lights. unless its a small enough voltage to only efect the cruise if i was you i would use a relay. You would be completly isolating the remote start and cruise that way.and you could even use the wire as a trigger on pin 85 or 86 then have 30 the output to remote start then you wouldn't have to cut the wire like above post but ether way should work for you

kenmci 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2003 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  
you could also diode isolate the brake wire, possible the alarm is sending a signal to that wire I would place a diode in the brake wire going to the alarm with the stripe facing the alarm.  Just a thought
brunetmj 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2003 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged  
First, thanks for posting this as I am in the middle of an install on a 2000 mazda 626 (ultrastart). I can verify that the 4 cyls do have a transponder as this car most definitely has one. I believe that the idea of back feed is a logical conclusion and using a diode is he first thing I would try as it is the simplest.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic