icon

cant figure this out!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
italnpimp59 
Silver - Posts: 427
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2003 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  
ok here we go, a customer bought 4 L7 12's, two kicker 1200.1's, and a kicker 300.4  to run his kicker 4x6's and 6.5'.  and i built the box.  everything came out good, i worked on it with the other installer who no longer works with me, he quit...he sucked anyway! lol  so everything is good i thought.  he came back today b/c of ground noise and one of the amps cuts off then back on.  well i fixed those problems, which were the other installers screw-ups, and everything was perfect, and the subs were loud as hell.  well we didnt mount the amp rack back bc he didnt want me to.  as he was driving away, it fell and the amps took a good jolt!  he called and said the noise was back and subs off after they fell.  so i told him to come back around.  i fixed everything but the weird noise coming thru the door speakers, i tried everything and it turns out the head unit went bad somehow cause i changed it out and the noise was gone.  its the pioneer flip out TV, touch screen.  well we set ALL the bass/subwoofer settings EXACTLY the same as the old unit was and the subs sound bad, not near as loud and when turn it up, they distort real bad.  i have tried so much to fix it with no luck.  i know its hard for you guys to think of whats wrong without seeing it but does anyone have suggestions?  hes coming back wednesday.  could it be possible that the 1200.1's were damaged when they fell and that could be the problem?  any ideas you think i should try please help!!!
intensem1rider 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2003 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  
hummm, it could be possible that when the amp fell something shorted, and it sent a backfire through the rca's back to the deck and messed it up. You said you tried another deck? and if it sounded good and clean, then send the pioneer back. But you also said the subs still sound like crap, humm, i really am betting that the amp messed itself up when it fell so its not working, and it probably back fired to the deck like i said. I would just say to send the stuff back for repair, then you will get it out of your hair for a few weeks.
Jdawg420 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2003 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged  

I would try switching one of the amps out with a new one or the demo.  if it sounds right then send both amps out for service.  I would try to have the customer in a different area when you do that so he doesn't want you to switch everything out that day.  I'm all for customer service and taking care of the customer, however it would be his fault for being in to much of a hurry to let you secire the amps

420 right on time
italnpimp59 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2003 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  
yeah i was wanting to mount the amp rack, he said not too, so yeah it is his fault.   but could it be possible that both 1200.1's  were damaged and not the 300.4?  thats weird huh?  i guess ill try switching one of the amps out wednesday and if the pair of subs that its running sound better, ive found the problem.  maybe the rca's got pinched?  ill try running a new set of them too.  well im open to more ideas if anyone has any.....ill let you all know wednesday how it turned out!
intensem1rider 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2003 at 12:24 AM / IP Logged  
yeah, i would have to be there for myself to diagnose the prob, but you definately know what you are doing by trying all those scenerios, glad to see there are good installers out there.
italnpimp59 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2003 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the kind words intensem1rider!   yeah im not the best, but i am pretty good at what i do.  well the problem was just a stupid little mistake, one pair of the subs were out of phase when wired mono to the amp.  thats what made the overall system sound bad, i fixed it and its back to normal, very loud!  after that i still had time to install an alarm with keyless entry and starter kill....i really have made alot of money from this customer!!!  
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2003 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  
"one pair of the subs were out of phase when wired mono to the amp"
I was just about to post this reading through the thread with the symptoms you mentioned..Oh well it happens glad you got if figured out. How come so many jobs can be flawless but then you get certain ones that just never seem to go right and they come back 10 times..Ahh the life of an installer..

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic