icon

2004 Toyota Sequoia DVD

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mfh311 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2003 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged  
 I have a '04 Sequoia (same as '03) that i want to install a mobile DVD for the kids. I'm leaning toward buying the Vizualogic head rest monitors. What would be a good DVD player to buy? I assume I'll have to install it in the center console. Also, can I install myself? Headrests seem simple, what is best connections for DVD player  installation to avoid "noise" also what is FM mod? How to install?
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 15, 2003 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  
I've done a few of the 2003s. They go pretty easy.
We've used a lot of the Vizualogic headrests and they're great. They look nice, and we've hardly had any problems with them. Audivox is about to come out with some pre-made headrests like that, and they're a little cheaper---we haven't tried them yet.
As far as the DVD player, I'm not really sure. But definitely get a small DIN-sized one, the one that's about the size of a car radio. You'll be able to mount it in the center console, and hardly lose any room.
The FM modulator is a device that plugs into the radio's antenna jack, and transmits audio to your radio's FM tuner. You just tune your radio to a certain station, and you'll hear the audio from your DVD player. Installation is simple---ground, switched power, the antenna jacks, audio in from your DVD, and a toggle switch you have to mount someplace.
Your car is pretty easy to work on. When you drop those Vizualogic cables down into the seat, they almost fall right out the bottom where you can get at them.
It's really easy to get the radio out too. Tilt the A/C vents all the way up; remove the screws you see in there. Then that whole panel pulls right off, then four more screws to get the radio out.
The center console is also easy. Two 10mm bolts inside the storage bin. the tray that's just behind the cupholders pops right out, and there are two more bolts in there, and then I think the whole console can come out of the car.
I actually take out the whole console, then bring it to a bench and take the storage bin apart, so I can do a really nice job of getting the DVD player in there. It takes a little bit of time, but it's not as hard as it sounds.
You can get switched power and ground either at the back of the radio, or I like to sometimes get it at the power mirror switch in the console.
mfh311 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2003 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
Chris..thanks for the info..question: why do you have to take the radi out? is it to get at the antenna jack?, also If the kids use the IR headphones, do i need to connect the FM mod, or will the audio come through the headphones?
mexi 
Copper - Posts: 156
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2003 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  
if your seqoia has the pocket in the front console under the radio and ac controls, you can take it out and put a din sized dvd player in there. It takes a little work put looks great
mexicang

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic