icon

fire wall help

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sceptre2005 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2003 at 2:19 AM / IP Logged  
I need a spot to run the power cable through on a 98" saturn sc2. its a 5-speed.
funnycar 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2003 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  
Not familar with a Saturn, but I did a 97 Sunfire and I went through the rubber boot surrounding the steering column. Just cut a small X in the boot and fished it through. Worked great- no leaks or rubbing. Hope this helps.
misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2003 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  
make sure that you are clear of the steering column you do not want it getting caught on it. if you are using 8aug wire you can run it thru the hood release grommet or the clutch grommet. If you want you can make your own hole and put a grommet in it to avoid leaks and wind penetration
superstreet786 
Silver - Posts: 339
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2003 at 12:24 AM / IP Logged  
usually you can put a hole right where to clutch would go or around the steering column
sceptre2005 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2003 at 1:30 AM / IP Logged  
I got it. I ran the rca's and wires under the center console then under the carpet to the trunk. I ran then the xtra wire by the spare tire. Then i cut holes in the spare tire cover and the carpet and mounted the amp. Over all Looks really nice and clean. I have a sony 222 watt amp (1200 amp kit) and a mtx road master sub. In a ported box and it hits prettery good. thanks to all for help. and I put the wire through were all the other wires go into the fire wall at the top. I had to cut the tape and slid it in.
superstreet786 
Silver - Posts: 339
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2003 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  
haha im suprised it hits at all.  I have used the same Sony 222W amp and I could barely feel anything but that may just be because Im so used to really hard hitting bass

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic