the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Best bypass module company?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2003 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  

What company makes the best and easiest to use bypass moduels? At work we have nothing but troubles with automobility moduels, so we want to order in easier/better ones, any suggestions? and price ranges?

Thanks

kenmci 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2003 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  

we use dei bypass modules, when programmed correctly we have had few problems

misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2003 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
alpine guy thanks for the help on the system. i use audiovox and dei most of their stuff is made in the same building in taiwan so you can trust them both. I hate mismatching brands so i usually use dei with dei and vise versa. I have had little to no problems i had one audiovox as gm 4 come back in the last six months but that is about it
SnomanF150 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2003 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
DEI has the best I've used.. PE just suck.. Audiovox universal is good for transpoder keys, but are a pain in the ass to program for the chevy PK2
George
David's Car Stereo
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2003 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  
they are all under 20 bucks wholesale in michigan i use ALTROM international as my sistributor they carrry both brands. o can get you contact info if you need it.
HamiltonAudio 
Silver - Posts: 278
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2003 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged  

I'm not sure who actually manufactures them...They come labelled as Autostart (branded) and Automobility (a distributors "brand")  Identical units, but prefer the Autostart brand cause many of them plug right into the AS headunit, rather than having to wire power, ground, trigger, etc...

I'd be interested to know who makes em....   www.bypasskits.com  other than the universals (which we never use), these modules are identical too...seems they all get em from the same place Best bypass module company? -- posted image.

b

Alpine Guy 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2003 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  

im looking for something that you just hook up power, ground, negative output, and 1 wire going to the key core.  And one that programs for the resistance itself.

is there such a thing?

HamiltonAudio 
Silver - Posts: 278
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2003 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  

there are TOO many different types of immobilzers out there to be that general man...you're speaking about resistance, so you must be talking about passlock of some flavour.  there are the "self learning" versions, but I've heard nightmare stories about them and stayed away.

the PLDATA module does what you want it to, only the one wire goes to the data wire on the ALDL plug, instead of to the column (saves disassembly)....can you be more specific on what immobilizer you want to bypass?

b

derek123 
Copper - Posts: 163
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2003 at 8:03 AM / IP Logged  

Bommar makes most of the autostart ones.

they're pretty up date with their stuff.

Alpine Guy 
Posted: October 20, 2003 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
im looking for paslock 1 and 2, just cuz all i seem to get are gm vehicles, never fords or anything, so i want to pump out the gm's faster and safer.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic