icon

spare wheel box

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kuamuamu 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2003 at 12:06 AM / IP Logged  
ok, check this out... i want to do what THIS GUY did...but i want to put a 3/4" plexiglass on top, instead of MDF. would this sound/install nicely? also, how hard isit to cut/router the subwoofer hole in plexiglass? thanks...Mitch
94 civic EX
kuamuamu 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2003 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged  
also, i would cover the fiberglass bottom with black carpet, so it looks nice (since the plexiglass is seethrough)....oh yea, with that whole "frame" deal that the guy has goin on, is there a way that i could lay the plexiglass flush with the trunk floor, instead of having a whole plexi floor...? thanks...
94 civic EX
noob 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2003 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  
yea i wanna do the same thing but i want to put my amp and cap in the soare tire well........someone know where i can get a tutorial for it building a frame and such?????????
pureRF 
Silver - Posts: 619
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2003 at 2:12 PM / IP Logged  
Yes you could use plexiglass but i would suggest painting the fiberglass with a high gloss then a clear coat, not carpet. Also with the plexiglass do u know what 3/4 costs? because its extreamly expensive. I dont know to much about cutting plexiglass but i dont think it is tooooo hard to cut, im sure u could find somwhere locally that can cut it.
dream it, build it, fiberglass it
aggie altima 
Silver - Posts: 298
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2003 at 1:45 AM / IP Logged  
On my old install, I used 3/4" Lexan instead of plexiglass on my box. I forgot the size of the piece, but I believe it was somewhere near 14"x32", and I got it from ebay for about $35. I didn't cut this piece, but I did cut 3/8" Lexan with a jigsaw, and it cut pretty easily, and I'm guessing it would be the same for a router. I think Lexan is supposed to be stronger than plexiglass.
If you want to see the quality of lexan on an enclosure, check out my car, http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/423256 or this sweet ford contour, http://www.caraudiomag.com/v_features/0310cae_fordcontour/

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic