icon

flashing headlight instead parking light

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
babysho 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2003 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
Hi can anyone tell me if it is safe to hook up the wires to the headlights instead of the parking light on my alarm system. My parking light relay is built into the module. Will it short the internal relay? And if not why isnt it possible. My brother owns a dodge intrepid with an oem alarm and his alarm trigger the headlight and not the parking lights. thanks!!
ar
NSGrimace 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2003 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  
The parking light relay is very likely going to allow only 10-15 amp draw. average headlights would drow more than this. You could use the parking light output to drive a larger relay capable of handling the current draw. I don't know if the flashing output would have any effect on the lights themselves but i don't imagine that it would.
daniel2002p 
Silver - Posts: 524
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2003 at 7:12 AM / IP Logged  
I have headlight output on my alarm and just wired up a larger relay to drive them.
2005 Toyota Corolla S
    1.8L VVT-i I-4
Always double check your wires with a DMM!!!
Do Not Use A Test Light!!!
MECP Certified Installer!
Best Buy 665 - IN IT TO WIN IT! TEAM MOBLE!
babysho 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2003 at 11:42 PM / IP Logged  
thanks! Sound great can you tell me how to wire the relay to drive the headlights using the parking light output? I tried 87 and 85 to constant 12v fused and 86 to parking light output and 30 to headlight switch (+) and it didn't work. I don't even think the coil inside the relay was energized. I was just trying it out but I Don't want to burn it out so I really appriciate it if you could tell me how to wire it up.
ar

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic