icon

SPL Subwoofers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
doubleduece 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2003 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  

Are SPL subs good? I have a 5000 watt amp, and i need some speakers that can handle this amp. I found these subs, they are the SPLW15, and they handle 2800 watts max. two of those ought to be enough to manage that amp. I just dont know if they are and good or not, the place I found them is http://www.cardiscountstereos.com/Catalog%20Page.asp?Product+%23=SPLW15 and they are $189.99 a piece. I want to have a good system but i dotn have tons of money, i just came accross theses and wanted afew opinions. Any help would be appreciated. Thanx.

Trey

bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2003 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  

What amp do you have?

l7sdime 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2003 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged  

this is his bro and i got the same amp. Its a custom made planet audio amp. There are only six in the world like them cuz they were special made. They put out 5000 watts RMS times 1 @1 ohm. and 2500 watts into 2 channels. The guy we bought them from did spl comps and he had all them special made. so we have two of them they retail for 3500 bucks and we got them for 300 a piece they power up and all so i think we got a gooooood deal lol. WEll i hope this helped u out some.

Wes

Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2003 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  

http://adireaudio.com/mobile_audio/drivers/brahma_series.htm 

couple of those will work.  Arent too cheap...but i hear they are one helluva sub

DUDE, you scored big.....best look into a 200amp alt also.  you'll never have enough juice to power that amp.

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
ToddNaz 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2003 at 2:19 AM / IP Logged  
I'm sorry but  http://www.cardiscountstereos.com sells all cheap stuff. I saw very few respactable brands there. You would be better off buying trusted name brands on close out, open box, recertified, etc than buying cheap stuff.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic