icon

Shocking Security....

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
TheRapture 
Copper - Posts: 208
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2002 at 8:31 AM / IP Logged  

I'm tyring to hookup a 1f 25V cap to my battery so it is alwys charged... the leads then goto all the door handels... i'm putting small leads so that the thiefs are sure to touch both the + and - so when they try opening the door they get severly shocked.

anyone have any ideas how to enhance this?

wirewise 
Moderator - Posts: 489
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 19, 2002 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged  
Hey Rapture, it would be cool if you could only zap potential theives and the law wouldn't come after you for it, but you do realize that if anyone get's injured, including a potential theif, you will be liable. Shocking Security.... -- posted image.
~~wirewise~~
TheRapture 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2002 at 10:05 AM / IP Logged  

what if i had them INSIDE the car... say i put a couple of bars over the amps (looks like there holding the amp in position) and charge those bars up?

J3adSeed 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2002 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged  
sounds like a real good idea.  have two bars, one + and one grounded, about 1/4 inch apart.  they'd be sure to just grab them.  that would be funny sh*t.  but i'm sure you're still liable.  how much it'd hurt them i don't know. 
hot_shot_guy123 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2002 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
You only have to worry about a thieve sueing you if you live in california.  I wouldn't worry about the thieve getting hurt and you getting sued.  I Like the idea.
"Light travels faster then sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them speak."
hot_shot_guy123
TheRapture 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2002 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  

i tell this to other people and they think i'm freakin crazy!!!!!!!!

but i live in IL so i'm gonna check out the situation with the cops in my town and see what they say.

mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2002 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  
you are crazy Shocking Security.... -- posted image.
TheRapture 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2002 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  
too shay...... haaaaahahahaha
Garfunkel01 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2002 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  

hey guys, anyone so far ever realize that even if you were to touch both sides of a battery it wouldnt really do anything to you.  12Volts is nothing.  even 25Volts prob wouldnt do anything even if you were to touch both contacts with wet fingers.  There is a however different idea on this plot that i have seen and actually works,

(for your information, I have not done this, I just heard of this from a police friend of mine who saw it in use once.)

A guy somwhere, installed an alarm system in his car.  he also purchased a large animal cattle prod.  after dissassembling the cattle prod and attaching one wire directly to the front bumper of the car and the other to the rear bumper of the car, and attaching a secondary alarm output through a relay in place of the button on-off on the prod.  so the car was the section between the prod ends, and the trigger switch was replaced with a relay that closed with the siren of the alarm...

When someone sets the car alarm off, any touch of any part of any metal section of the car gave the person about 10,000Volts of juice. 

Being that the prod ran off of 12 volts, it was absolutely no problem to hook up.  Supposedly this little addition worked rather well. 

(Once again, i have not done this personally, nor would i reccomend that anyone reading this try it either, but it really did work well, and hurt like hell, DO NOT USE A TAZER, just a cattle prod.  the prod just sends a shock that hurts, nothing incapacating. last but not least DO NOT DO THIS, i dont wanna get in trouble for reccomending this to anyone. Dont do it!)

Owner/Installer
Bassment Designs
Alberta Canada
Kicker in a Convert!! YAY!!
Garfunkel01 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2002 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  
oh ya, and for your information, cops really hate this little toy.  my cop friend only actually found out about this when he was snaping a ticket on the guys window for a parking violation.  the cop got shocked, and simply waited around until the owner came back. He then told the owner to remove the device or he would recieve another fine, and possibly a law suit from the cop himself.  Just a little side note. 
Owner/Installer
Bassment Designs
Alberta Canada
Kicker in a Convert!! YAY!!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic