icon

power seat = ok power soource?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tmd25 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2003 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
I installed the Vizualogic headrest system in my 03 Explorer. I have engine noise in the headsets and the fm modulator. My ground was tapped off the factory radio ground wire and goes back to under the rear seat. Would relocating the ground back where the equipment is help, because right now the ground is like 6 feet long. Do group loop isolators help?
One other question please. I was thinking of switching from a switched 12v to constant with an inline switch. I want to tap off the passenger power seat harness to power the system to get everything a bit more tidy. Is there enough juice there?
Thanks for any advice guys,
Tim
mbiker1 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2003 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  

I would recomend just grounding it underneath th center console. There are plenty of places to a ground under there. I would also use a ground loop isolater for engine noise and put a noise filter on the fm modulatur. This greatly reduced the amount of engine noise. Also run your rca's as far away from power sources as possible.

If think you mean to power the headrests and the whatever you use to play video of just the power seats. You probally could power all of it but you will be blowing so many fuses it is better to keep it on the switched 12 volt. Also fuse all your equipment with the right fuses. you might want to also put a noise filter on the main power this will also help with road noise.

I hope this gives you a litlle help

DanDan 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2003 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  
Get a Pac css 12 choke and install it behind the radio to all sources you are powering. You don't need loop isolators as they will not help. I do not like them. Put the choke in and the noise will go bye bye. As far as power you can use the seats but I would stay behind the radio for all your powers and and ground. Use the choke and your good to go. Video does not draw very much current so do not worry.
DanDan
tmd25 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2003 at 1:22 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info, very much appreciated.
Tim

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic