Rockford CD/MP3 decks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fyremo 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2003 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  

Hi,

I currently have a Pioneer P7500MP deck, but it sucks.  I hate its' random feature.  It waits for a song to finish playing before it goes to the next random song.  I can't just hit the fwd button.  So I am looking to sell it!  I am thinking of getting a Rockford 9210G deck because it's got 5volt preamp outs, and hopefully a true random feature!

What are your experiences with Rockford decks?  Stay away or not?

superstreet786 
Silver - Posts: 339
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2003 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged  
From what I have seen and heard Rockford decks are great especially for high output systems and they seem very easy to work with.  Rockford has always had great products and never failed in my mind.
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2003 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  
They are excellent head units, I would defiantly recommend it. Plus I believe they will give you the best bang for your buck.
premieravp 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2003 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  
I personally have 3 RF deacks on the floor in a corner of my shop because they ALL broke! One won't play, one loses its memory and freezes up, the other plays but it won't retract the face. Go with Alpine or Eclipse. You can also add a GOOD line driver like the ZAPCO processor to your head unit to get upto 8 volts of pre amp output.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2003 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged  
Rf builds some really good cd players, I believe that the actually come off of the Hyundai assembly line and use Panasonic's hologram pu device. I also agree again with premieravp with his choice of cd player though, the Eclipse will slay all comers, wait until you hear what a difference a real cd player will make. If you want an 8v preout, Eclipse offers it on the CD8443 model. Let's get this guy a good cd, then find out if he needs an extra line driver.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic