icon

caddy deville remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2003 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
have a 2003 caddy deville in the shop for a remote start..... the problem i am having is the car starts runs for 3/4seconds and then shuts off....no brake wire connected...not a tach probelem.... dont know if i have the right ignition wires or such....the info i have is pink and white .. ignition 1 and 2.... brown and orange ....accesory 1 and 2 ...using part number dei 555u...any help will be greatly appreciated
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2003 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  
Your wire info looks right from what I have so I will just throw out some random ideas. Have you tried remote starting with the key in the ignition to make sure it's not a bypass problem? Did you try disconnecting the parking lights to make sure they are not backfeeding somehow? Everything I see says to go to the battery for constant where are you picking up your power from? Aside from that just test the rest of the wires at the ignition harness to see if there's possibly an extra ignition wire you didn't fire up..Unfortunately that's all I got maybe someone else has a little more experience with these cars..Good luck let us know what it turns out to be!
Mike
whitey 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2003 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  
Make sure the brown wire is being powered as a 2nd acc not ignition.  Is they key you are using in the 555u programed to the vehicle already or is it a blank key?  Just for fun try it on Voltage sensing instead of tach to see if it fires .  Other than that?????  try a viper 555g maybe.
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2003 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, like NowYaKnow mentioned, make sure you get power from the battery.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic