icon

problem with crimestopper cs-2015fm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
1998chevy1500 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2003 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 1998 Chevy 1500 with a CS-2015FM that I just installed. I have a list of all the wire colors to use and tested all the wires with a D.V.O. meter and they are correct. I then hooked up all the wires and attempted to remote start it and the alarm does the 3 chirps and stops there. It will not even attempt to crank the engine. I have tested the Ign wires and the start wires during a start attempt and they appear to show no voltage. I have not hooked up a Passlock II bypass yet, but my understanding is that it will still crank without in just not run due to a lack of fuel. Also where would a good place be to get a bypass at and how much would it cost? The rest works fine (door locks and the alarm). I can also start it with the key and press the start button and it will keep running when I remove the key, which is supposed to be normal. The problem with that is that it triggers a Service Engine Light and now I am not able to put my truck into 4wheel drive.

I plan to call Crimestopper this afternoon to see what the problem is but any help would be appreciated.

I know it is a long post so please bear with me.

thanx

conrad

1998chevy1500 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2003 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  
Hello, anybody have any ideas??
I got home late today so I was unable to contact them. I will try tomorrow and keep you posted.
thankx
conrad
cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2003 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged  
Are you sure the wire for the hoodpin isn't grounded? In other words, if you installed it under the hood, is the hood shut all the way? If that wire is seeing ground, then it won't start.
Q: What's the best nation in the world?
A: Donation!     Donate to the12volt.com      
1998chevy1500 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2003 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  
I checked that the wire was not grounded. And to make sure that it couldn't ground out I pulled it back into the cab and taped it off because it was not hooked up yet.
thankx
conrad
Haku 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2003 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  

Please list what Ignition wires you hooked too, and the ACC wires as well.

As far as bypass goes, go with the PLDATA, it hooks to your OBD connector.  Easy, reliable ...

Hak
Siemens Autostart
1998chevy1500 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2003 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
I have them done as follows
Purpose        Truck Color          Remote Start Color
Ign 1           Pink                  Pink
Ign 2           White                 Pink/White
Acc             Orange               Gray
Start           Yellow               Brown
I cut the yellow wire in half and hooked in the starter kill relay then attached the Brown wire to the starter side. Both the Red and the RED / White alarm wires are hooked up to the connection under the hood that the key gets its power from so it is has a high enough amperage and is constant 12v.
The remote is supposed to send back conformation about the remote start but it does nothing and the lights do not flash during a remote start like they are supposed to, but the light flash does work because it flashes on lock and unlock.
I ordered a PLDATA today from trilogix. What do you pay for yours? It seemed kind of expencive.
thankx
conrad
Haku 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2003 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  

You have it hooked up correctly.  I would make sure that your second igntion is jumpered for just that.  They come set up as second ignition, but???  Check engine light/trans problem is usually not having the white wire hooked up.  Hopefully it will all be resolved when you install the PLDATA.  As for cost, I pay 24 or so, depending on how many units I puchase at one time.  I only install 4-5 remote starts a week, so my discount sucks.  Once you get that in, if you run into any problems, you can email me, and I will try to help.  I only install Crimestopper, and am very familiar with thier products.   One thing you can check is to see if its in "Valet" mode.  It will lock/unlock ect, but will not start.  To get it in/out of Valet mode, turn the key on, and hold the valet/program button down for six seconds, the lights will flash.  Then try to start again.  If that was the problem, your igntion will power up, your remote will show ignition, and it will crank (but not start untill you have the module hooked up).  Post on how it goes.....

ip3@centurytel.net

Hak
Siemens Autostart
mobilefx 
Copper - Posts: 48
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2003 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  

all i also do is crimestopper units...it wouldn't chirp on lock and unlock if it was in valet mode and would also tell you via the remote..it generally chirps quickly if it disarming b4 start.  check your fuse inline in the unit...if one of the fuses is blown..everything will operate as normal.. but when it shoud crank the pickup, it will just drop out and thats it.  try that

chris

owner, mobile fx   605-716-0770

mobile f/x
1998chevy1500 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2003 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  
The jumper is set for it being the second ignition wire, and I did check the valet problem. And neither of them were the problem.
I am sending the unit off to be checked out tomorrow to see if they can figure out what is wrong with it. I called their tech support and they couldn't figure it out either. I then called the waranty dept and they said just send in the remotes, the unit and the antenna module. I also would like to complement them for the quality of their tech support they were very nice about the whole thing.
As for the PLDATA I got hosed I paid just under $50 shipped, but then again I only bought one.
Thank you for all your help I will keep you posted. If there is any other ideas that you have let me know.
thankx
conrad
1998chevy1500 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2003 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged  
Checked the fuses and they all appear to be good.
thankx
conrad
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic