the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Kenwood equipment on 2003 Yukon

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
davidhdj 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2003 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  
I've been looking all over for a plug so that i don't have to cut the wiring harness to the radio, but all i find is the 2002 GM models and down, the audio shops tell me that they are all the same, do anyone agree, can anyone help me out, Thanks
D&M Auto Parts and Accessories
rudbwoy69camaro 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2003 at 10:55 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 2002 GM suv too.  what you are looking for should be the same for '03 and '02.
premieravp 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2003 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  
"03 is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. Do you have the Bose speakers? Onstar? Steering wheels controls? All make for different adapters. You also have to get the chime box for your door chimes to work. Email me and I can get them to you. premieravp@aol.com
Greg S 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2003 at 10:11 AM / IP Logged  
Like premieravp said, the 03 is a totally different beast and is reallya  pain if you have the BOSE system.  At bare minimum you will need a special adapter tjust so that you have a switched wire, it's digitally controlled, and are able to keep you door chime working.  If it's BOSE with On Star then you are really in for some fun as the On Star is integrated in to the radio and just to make matters worse ithe radio is just a controller with the BOSE system and the real radio and everything is in the rear left side of the SUV.  Let's just say it's fun.
Greg Stoddard
davidhdj 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2003 at 4:45 PM / IP Logged  
I just bought a 2003 Yukon and it has a Bose system,no OnStar, no Xm satellite radio nor steering wheel controls, I'm trying to install a Kenwood KDC 719, 3 Kenwood amp 729s. 2 cd changers and 2 12',  what wiring harness can i use and what do I have to keep, I know that i would have to remove the whole Bose system but what else do I have to do. Thanks the12volt.com personnel
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2003 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  
Hector, your best bet on a brand new vehicle, a major investment at that, with the equipment you have and it's value as well, is to head down to your specialty shop. You will be rewiring the entire vehicle, it is definitely worth having it done for you. Your vehicle can sound amazing providing the quality of the install and proper procedures have been followed, for example, are you prepared to solve noise problems? Not that I am here to doubt your willingness to try, go ahead if you want, we'll be here to help you if you need it. This is a very time consuming and intricate install for the amateur installer and I would hate to see inadvertent damage caused to your investment.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
davidhdj 
Posted: November 04, 2003 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  

Thank Rob, I have installed plenty of systems and alarms with remote start but my biggest fear is all the gadgets that this Yukon has. Thanks for your advice

silversteve 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2003 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  

I know circuit city usually has the plug that you will need,  and since the only real thing that was added to the standard radio is the bose system from what you say, then you shouldn't have too much of a problem, besides of course having to replace and practically rewire the whole stereo system..   i also recommend replacing all your door speakers as well.  bose speakers sound great, but they just aren't very loud... 

Don't Sing IT... Just Bring IT!!!!
JL xr front&rear
JL 12w3v2 x2
JL 300/4
JL 500/1
dcgc 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2003 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  
I didn' use my harness, I ran new wires to the fuse block. Dude at Sounds Great told me that it would work, liar. My door dont chime anymore or my radio stay on after I turn ignition off. I can live with that.
2003 Silverado Ext. cab
Kenwood mp922
Kenwood kgc6042a EQ
JL Audio xr650-csi
MB Quart PSC 213
JL Audio 300/4
pair of JL Audio 12w6v2
JL Audio 1000/1
silversteve 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2003 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  

On the new gm vehicles they decided to run some extra things through the radio...  i guess you have already figued that one out...  go to someplace like Circuit City or Car Toys..  or any other big company that sells and installs car stereo and get the proper parts from them...   obviously you will need the door chime bypass...   the harness to put an aftermarket radio in a vehicle like yours used to just call for re-locating the factory, but thankfully not anymore.

Don't Sing IT... Just Bring IT!!!!
JL xr front&rear
JL 12w3v2 x2
JL 300/4
JL 500/1

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic