icon

Best 500 Watt Amp?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pureRF 
Silver - Posts: 619
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2003 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  
What do you guys thing the best one channel 500 watt amp is? Im going to be running a 15 eclipse aluminum.
dream it, build it, fiberglass it
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2003 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  

JBL 600.1 would work wouldnt it? 

visonik v400hc is 500rms at 1 ohm...on special at thezeb for 140...it looks like a great amp.

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2003 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged  
well that all depend on how much money you are willing to spend, but jbl makes a nice mono block that will run your sub nice,i think they have a 500 watt rms by 1 channel amp (500.1 model i think)and its pretty cheap,if you wanna go even cheaper look into a US Acoustics mono block, they make a decent amp that pushes lots of power at a cheap price. Or if you have money to spend get teh new kicker amps with the digital prosesing they are really nice but they cost ,or rockford fosgate mono blocks are nice.There are so many good amps out there just match one up with your sub and you will be fine,make sure the amp can handle the load of the sub(4 ohm,2 ohm,etc)
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2003 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged  
Do you have the single or dual voice coli aluminum 15? This will define the parameters of the amp that we all need to search out for you. Like I'll tell everyone, the made in singakoreatiawanapore amplifiers will save you money but the american built amplifiers will blow them away. You get what you pay for, an awesome sub deserves an awesome amp. Wattage makes lightbulbs glow, amplifiers make amps. There are a lot of really good amplifiers on the market, support your local specialty shop, get yourself a good amp and a good proper install to make it work. Info is free, ask lots of questions and you will get a lot of good answers.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2003 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
Well when it comes to really good amps that put out lots of true clean power and with that sub i would say a Diamond Audio D5 600.1, 600 watts @ 2 ohms, providing you can wire your sub up for that. I run a D5 600.2 on a pair of ten's and its remarkable how clean the sound is from the subs, i can only imagine what it would do on those Aluminums.   Best 500 Watt Amp? -- posted image.
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2003 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  

Alpine mrd-m500, no amp out there can touch it for the power produced/power used ratio.  It is the most efficient amp you can find,  its from alpines new accu-class d series, pure digital performace.

Puts out 500wrms at 14.4v / 2 ohm, , or 250wrms at 14.4v / 4 ohm.   900 watt peak.

And now don't forget, everyone knows alpine underrates there amps.  I have the mrd-m500 and it comes with a birth certificate, i was lucky to get one that put out 598wrms on test day.

pureRF 
Silver - Posts: 619
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2003 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  
I am actually ordering the mrd-m500, happy to hear somone likes it
dream it, build it, fiberglass it
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2003 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  

i heard that the alpine amps didnt have as great as clarity and some other amps he listened to.  He varified it with a few other ppl in the listening room as well.

why not match it and get a eclipse amp?

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
nedgeworth 
Silver - Posts: 264
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2003 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  
All you have to remember is a system is only as good as it's weakest link.
FieroAudio 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2003 at 10:43 PM / IP Logged  
Alpine Guy wrote:

Alpine mrd-m500, no amp out there can touch it for the power produced/power used ratio.  It is the most efficient amp you can find,  its from alpines new accu-class d series, pure digital performace.

Puts out 500wrms at 14.4v / 2 ohm, , or 250wrms at 14.4v / 4 ohm.   900 watt peak.

And now don't forget, everyone knows alpine underrates there amps.  I have the mrd-m500 and it comes with a birth certificate, i was lucky to get one that put out 598wrms on test day.

Peak. LOL.

What is the efficiency rating on your amp (from your certificate?)

I'd be surprised if its above 80%.

Blaine Korte
1986 Pontiac Fiero SE - Custom Time!
Pioneer DEH-P3500, JL 10W0, Memphis 250D, Sony 125.2, Excursion 6.5" Mids, Custom Kicks, Custom sub box. You try putting a loud stereo into a Fiero!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic