icon

Mazda MX-6 Keyless entry install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ecuster2000 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2002 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  

I am attempting to add a keyless entry system to my 93 Mazda MX-6 with a factory alarm.  The keyless entry system is a MICRO DLR4H with 2 relays built into the unit.  The dook lock motor does not operate after following the instructions so I tried to trouble shoot the proble by checking the voltage on the lock and unlock (COM) wires, but I don't detect anything with a meter.  I have the N/O wires connected to 12V+.  If I connect either of the COM wires to one side of a meter and then the other side of the meter to 12V- shouldn't I see a spike on the meter with I activate the unit with the remote?  Currently I see nothing.  Yet if I connect the N/C wires to the meter and the meter to 12V- it registers 12V.  How can I test the unit to make sure it is working properly?

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Samantha 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2002 at 5:41 AM / IP Logged  
I'm not too sure on how to test the module, but to test the motor I usually take my cordless drill battery and put the green and blue wires on it to see if the motors are working alright. Hope that helps.
Sam
ecuster2000 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2002 at 9:13 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you for the info.  I have tested the motor with a battery and it works fine.  I'm trying to come up with a way to test the lock and unlcok trigger wires (N/O and COM wires) that come out of the keyless entry module.
Samantha 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2002 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  
If you have a test light hook 1 end onto constant power and the other end to the alarms central door locking trigger wires, when you arm and disarm the alarm the test light should light up, if they are negative outputs, if they are positive outputs you need to put your test light to ground, sometimes one wire goes to power and the other one goes to ground at the same time you might want to check that too.
Sam

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic