Hooking up 2 amps to 2 subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
BangBang 
Silver - Posts: 287
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2003 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  
Stevolon wrote:
bangbang, i think some of the guys have got it. you have two seperate issues. You did not say how you are getting the signal into the amp?I am curiouse about that. But lets look at what is called turn on thump or turn off thump. The biggest cause of this is as fusebolwer said, timming of turn off. what is happening is your factory head unit is turning off before the amp . does it do this if you turn the car off without turning off the hu. it it does not then make sure you are using the factory switched power wire at the head unit and just dont turn off your radio. just use the ignition to turn evrything off.
wen ever i turn off my car with my keys it DOES not make that sound. but i would like to fix it so i would be able to turn it on and off wenever i would like. is there something that i have to adjust on the amp or is it just bad wiring. the wires "amp kit" or wut evers is stock as well. wen i bought the car. i already came with it installed.. i just bought a new box and sub and amp to install it. so yeah do i need to buy a better head unit?
BangBang 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2003 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  

Hey thans for your advice it really help me understand the problem a little better.

Hooking up 2 amps to 2 subs - Page 2 -- posted image.
BangBang 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2003 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  

I have two 10 inch sony xplod subs and i'm powering with a 400 watt DHD amp? is that enough juice?what else can i do to push the subs better, but not to blow it out.?  i really need some help plze i would like to know wut i can do and wut i need to buy thnx.

astro88 
Copper - Posts: 195
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2003 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  
Whats DHD?
astro88 
Copper - Posts: 195
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2003 at 3:32 PM / IP Logged  
Get a new hu! factory equiptment sucks!
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2003 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  
Sell them both and start from scratch, do it right the first time.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
PuppyDawg 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2003 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  

is this the actual amp you're talking about?

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/mobile-emotions/dhdpowcruisa3.html

and what's the model number on your subs?

*paw print*
BangBang 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2003 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  

i have 2 sony xplod about 10" and its using a 400 watt dhd amp to push it. does it drain my car battery alot?

i also installed neon lights does that use alot to?

cuz today  around 2:15 my car went dead my friends tried helping me jump start it but then it wouldn't start. so i had to tow truck it to mah house for $42 .. WTF!!! then he tried jump starting it again. and it worked.. wtf is going on... WTF!!! plz help... is my car battery about to die? wut can i do to help it not lose power ?  thnx alot really love this website forum

Hooking up 2 amps to 2 subs - Page 2 -- posted image.

Cybernerd 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2003 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  

Someone let me know but could it be that he connected his remote wire to a constant 12v and his amp is staying on the whole time and thats why when he turns the radio off it makes the thudd and also thats mabe why his car battery drained cuz its being left on the whole time? Also mabe ran the rca and power togheter? Could this be a possibility?

Stevolon 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2003 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  

bangbang, the problem is that when you turn off the factory radio the accesory power is still live and hence keeps the amplifier on until you turn off the car. There is no way to make it work the way you want it to. There is no out put on the factory deck that turns off when you turn the radio off. any aftermarket hu would cure the problem and would realy improve your overall sound.It can only sound as good as what you start with....

Just to answer Cybernerd, it is not likely that proximity of power wire to rca could ever cause this problem. as well if bangbang was using constant power on his triger line it would also make the popping noise when he shut of the car with the key.

Steve@A.E.S
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic