icon

door locks 97 suburban

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
reverett1522 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2003 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  

I have gotten all of my alarm and remote start hooked up thanks to all the resources on this site, with the exception of the door locks.  The diagram listed on this site states to use the factory relays above the accelerator.  I found what looked to be that relay, with all the matching wires, but when hooked up it did not work, but it did make my speaker buzz, which leads me to believe it's a stereo wire not a lock wire. 

Am I looking in the wrong place?  Is there a better, more definable location of the lock wires, like hopefully on that harness at the kickpanel?  I've searched through the forums but found nothing that answers this specific question.

Thanks,

Rob...

italnpimp59 
Silver - Posts: 427
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2003 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  
lock is light blue and unlock is white.  they can be found in the drivers kick panel.  and they are positive pulse.  hope this helps.
Justaguy 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2003 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  

I've seen a few that weren't positive, like the trucks. If the 'burb has factory keyless, then the wires are in the relay pack above the gas pedal, white and blue, both on the opposite ends of the plug and are postive pulse. On some if it dosn't have keyless, then the wires are the same colors and they are 5-wire in the kickpanel.  I'm sure there's a link for a diagram on reverse-type door locks on this site somewhere, if your not sure how to do them. If your still not sure if they're 5-wire(reverse polarity) locks or not, either look at the back of the lock switch on the door(they just pop out), and if there is five wires for the locks, then its 5-wire type. Or cut one of the lock wires in the kick, if the doors won't look or unlock at all with one wire cut, then they are 5-wire. If they still work one way, then it's postive. But on a 4 door cheby, they should be positive. Hope this helps you.

Just my two pennies

reverett1522 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2003 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  
when you say above the gas pedal, is that right above, or up some ways on the firewall, cuz there's nothing right above the gas pedal, but I do have factory keyless.  But in the kickpanel I recall a harness that matches what you say.  What color should this harness be?  Thanks, Rob...
birdondubthreez 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2003 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  
It is either light blue and white or light blue and black and not all of them have that relay pack EVEN IF THERE IS A FACTORY KEYLESS. It is mounted to a bracket above the gas pedal and if they are not there you will have to get them in either kick panel
BiRdOnDuBtHrReEz

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic