< Prev Topic Next Topic >
DjIQ 
Copper - Posts: 107
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2003 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  
Has anyone used these? Any problems?
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2003 at 2:38 PM / IP Logged  
I have sold about 5 pairs of these speakers and have had no problems with any, Mb Quart makes a very good quality speaker both from a design perspective as well as undeniably superior sound.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
DjIQ 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2003 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  
I havent installed them yet, but Im using them on the rear deck, I plan on running them with an autotek 900.4, the place i bought them from said that they would blow easily off of amp power and to just run them off the deck.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2003 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged  

The shop said you would blow them off of an amp? Ask the guy ig guns kill people or if people do. A speaker blows from excessive heat build up in the voice coil. If you bake off the tires on your car, is it the tires fault or yours! The best thing in the world to do to speakers is amplify them.

(1) adds clarity to the speakers at lower volume levels

(2) you can use the hp filter to keep out the damaging frequencies from being played. Especially important if you have a sub.

(3) adds volume level.

(4) you hear in decibles, not watts, you have an amplifier not a wattlifier. A difference of 3db is a noticable difference in lodness to you. Generally speaking component speakers like the ones you have are not as efficient as either point source or co-axial speakers are, thus they need more power to play as loud.

I would use an amplifier on these speakers, they do not need a monsterous amount of power, especially since they are going to be rear fill speakers. Just make sure the power going to them is clean, not clipped (keep the gain turned down) and the speakers should sound fine. Let's hear some opinions.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
DjIQ 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2003 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks, forbidden... Im going back to ask him about the guns, lol i had planned on setting the fader mostly to the front on the deck (pioneer deh750mp) and keeping the gain down on the amp for the rear fill channels, thanks for the input

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic