icon

Kraco Stereo Install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
oliveoil6 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2003 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  
We are hoping that someone out there can help. We have been given a car stereo . We want to put it in our pick up truck that we use for work. It is a Kraco and I can't find any info about it anywhere. It has a digital readout and a cassette player. It has a yellow wire with a pig tail for a fuse. It also has one green, one  blue, one  black, one red, one grey, one brown, and  one pink wire. These are all harnessed together. The red, brown, and green are on one side of the harness and the black is in the middle, and the blue, grey and pink are on the other side.  Any help anyone can give us would be greatly appreciated.
oliveoil
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2003 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
This should be the wiring diagram for the head unit https://www.the12volt.com/request/request2.asp
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2003 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  

That link does not appear to be the correct harness!!!!

Kraco, like sparkomatic and lear jet all used some really hinky wiring harnesses. If the kraco - mistako has a fader control on the front of it (4 speaker control) then the player is a common ground system. I'm trying to go by memory as it has been years since i've seen this, but the radio should have 2 power wires, the yellow (and red? be careful here) the pink wire may be a remote on trigger and may not have to be connected. The other 4 wires if it is a 4 speaker model are the speaker positives, the speaker negatives should go to ground with what should be the ground wire (black)

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic