icon

'91 Civic LX Sedan & Clifford 700IQ probs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
MestizoRacer310 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2003 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged  
Installed my old alarm into my "new" civic....It arms/disarms and the shock sensor responds as it should. However, the doors DO NOT lock/unlock and I do not get the illuminated entry.I hooked up the trigger wire as ground because the triggers for my car are negative...(found that in a post on here....)Anyway they still don't work and it's pissing me off. This was my first install (and it took me FOUR hours to finish and it's still not done the way I wanted to...)Do I need relays for my door locks to work? I do have power door locks AND from what I remember, the alarm has onboard door lock/unlock relays??Any thoughts?? Please AIM me at "MestizoRacer310" or call me at 310-940-4657 I'd like to fix this pronto.
scirocco16v 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2003 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged  
RED / green and RED / orange to chassis ground-WHITE/ green to car lock, WHITE/ orange to car unlock-gray/green, gray orange no connection
MestizoRacer310 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2003 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
Are you sure?? Only RED / green wire I have is on the car...and it's for parking lights...
As far as I know, there's no RED / orange on the car and neither on the clifford's harness.
And from the other page on here (going by the hatchback wiring...)....it's GREEN / WHITE for lock and GREEN/ red for unlock.....
Gray/Orange off the alarm harness IS for the unlock function.
Now I'm even more confused....
MestizoRacer310 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2003 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
Update: Got the door unlock and illuminated entry functions working properly. The door lock function still DOES NOT work and it's aggravating me. Any idea how to check the pin to see if the alarm brain is really sending the signal to the door locks??
desh187 
Copper - Posts: 310
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2003 at 12:11 AM / IP Logged  
apply 12 volt to one side of test light and probe other end to alarm lock/unlock output.arm/disarm alarm,if test lamplights,your door lock outputs are fine.
as for door lock wires,lock-GREEN / WHITE
unlock-GREEN/ red (located in drivers door)
MestizoRacer310 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2003 at 1:57 AM / IP Logged  
I got the alarm to unlock (either by disarming or in valet mode) with illuminated entry. But it still didn't lock...i tried splicing into the GREEN / WHITE right after the main door lock switch, AT the door lock module and at the wires behind the fuse/relay panel. Still nothing.
I'm thinking the door lock output coming from the alarm brain is fried. The alarm was installed at the time of an accident (which totalled the car and shorted the Medallion speaker/siren). Could the impact have also fried JUST the door lock function??
scirocco16v 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2003 at 10:22 AM / IP Logged  

Sorry about the other post, I forgot the 700 did not have door lock relays, your lock output is probably bad, proved  if the previous test was performed with the test light

MestizoRacer310 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2003 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged  
No test needed. I tried in FOUR different spots and nothing....so it's bad. I don't need to really test it to know. I KNOW I'm tapping into the correct wires so that's not the problem. The brain's too old for Clifford to help me....I'll have to find another 700IQ brain or just deal with it the way it is until I can afford another alarm. I found the Clifford 7000IQ for $250 "closeout" price..brand new....and the guy at the shop even said he'd help me out bigtime by even saying it was installed there to get me the warranty.
Kevin
'02 Acura TL Type S & '98 Accord EX-L Sedan
MestizoRacer310 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2003 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  
Ended up testing the output and as I figured, it's not working. I opened up the brain and found two rectangular boxes that are probably the onboard relays. Is there any way to replace those and have a fully functional alarm?? I'm good w/ soldering.
Kevin
'02 Acura TL Type S & '98 Accord EX-L Sedan
scirocco16v 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2003 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged  
They are not the door lock relays, because that alarm has transistor lock outputs supplying only low current to the door lock outputs, the relays you see are for parking lights and dome light supervision.  Chances are the transistors are bad on the outputs, there should be two and you could possibly replace them,  If you could find the parts, which may or may not be difficult.  Better off stepping up to the ig7000, similar with more features and a little more refined technology (range, dataport)  G4 was a nice step forward over g3 products.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic