icon

Audiobahn Vs. Eclipse

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
AudioBAHNvlcm 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2003 at 10:11 AM / IP Logged  

right now i have 2 Audiobahn ALUMQ 10's  800w RMS.  with an Audiobahn A2200HCT amp 1600w RMS.  now these subs have great SQ but im not too thrilled with the "Boom Factor"  would the Eclipse SW9102 10" 750w RMS  sound better,  good SQ but also be able to make you crap yourself?

bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2003 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  

The Titanium will defiantly give you boom the you want, but they are a SPL woofer. However for the amount of bass that they put out they still do retain a good amount of SQ. Eclipses Aluminums are their SQ sub and put out a ton of clean bass. But if you want the ultimate and have the money I would defiantly suggest you go with the Titanium’s, they are well worth every penny. And I can guarantee you will not look back on your Audiobahns.

AudioBAHNvlcm 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2003 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged  

thanks a lot, i have a couple more questions.  first of all, how much do they cost?  and where can i get them?  And  how deep are they, i need to know because i have a single cab truck and have limited space.  i fit the ALUMs and they are pretty deep so as long as they arent deeper than those, i should be fine.  thanks

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2003 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  
The Eclipse aluminum drivers are only available at aspecialty retailer, if you find and buy them on the net, this is contrary to Eclipse's sales policies and thus no warranty. (don't waste your hard earned money). The 10" subs are 5.5" deep for mounting and need a minimum of 3" of space in front of them (you don't want the cone to smack your seat). I use the aluminum 10's in my 93 MR2 and they spank , really hard and like stated earlier they are an sq sub, they sound awesome. I sell both brande you mentioned and the Eclipse is my choice for a better driver. How much are they, anybody can quote you a price, find yourself a good specialty retailer and make a good deal with them.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
AudioBAHNvlcm 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2003 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  
im more interested in the titanium model.  i have a friend who runs an car audio website, do u think that he would be able to get eclipse or do they have to be an authorized dealer?
forbidden 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2003 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  

Eclipse has a policy of absolutely no internet sales. Eclipse will not honour warranty claims for any items bought off of the internet and for some very good reasons. You must buy Eclipse from an authorized dealer who has been given the information and tools necessary to make this subwoofer behave as it was designed.  Titanium you sayAudiobahn Vs. Eclipse - Last Post -- posted image.

pureRF 
Silver - Posts: 619
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2003 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  
will the 15 aluminum with 550-600 watts thru it have a lot of bass?
dream it, build it, fiberglass it
forbidden 
Posted: November 12, 2003 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
A 10" with that much power wails, a 15" is just pure pain.
geolemon 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2003 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  

Since we are so close to it anyway, and your situation isn't urgent anyway, I'd suggest that you wait until after the winter CES show (Las Vegas, early January).

The Consumer Electronics Show is the largest show for audio manufacturers to display their wares... so that's when all the manufacturers typically unveil their new products - and the ante is always being upped - particularly in the type of subwoofer driver you are looking for - high output sound quality drivers, which are the current trend. Audiobahn Vs. Eclipse - Last Post -- posted image.

Particularly this year - since you are shopping Eclipse - I know Eclipse is going to be unveiling a new woofer that has a linear BL curve so broad that it's one-way Xmax is in line with even many of today's peak-to-peak Xmax ratings (and it's supposed to have a new suspension that allows it to actually reach those excursions) Audiobahn Vs. Eclipse - Last Post -- posted image.

And as a new member of the Aluminum family, not the Titanium family, I imagine the price tag will be more palatable than the premium the Titanium commands.
I imagine they are preparing for it's immediate availability following it's unveiling at CES.

Even if you aren't shopping for Eclipse specifically, the CES show will undoubtedly reveal a number of new products that might specifically fit your needs.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic