icon

Pro Help Needed

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
noob 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2003 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  

alright first off i just got a new RF amp, the 1500 watt amp 501x......I dunno if anyone knows one way or another but my first question is my cousin has the 1200w amp, and his came with a bass boost knob, and i know his is a lower model than mine, so wouldnt it make sense that mine came with one also....so i dont wanna sound like a little kid but  "I want oneeee"

2nd question, I'm plannin on buyin 2 HE2's, they're rated at 4 ohm x 2 i believe.....soooo what would be the best way to wire them up without putting an excessive load on any component.......i'm pretty sure that they can be wired down to see a 1 ohm load, but would that be harmfull to any of my stuff......

alright im positive i'm forgetting some questions, but i'm sure i'll remember later on

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2003 at 1:27 PM / IP Logged  

A quick look at the Rockford brochure reveals that your amp does not come with a remote puch bass control. Next throw the wattage claim out the window, you are looking at a peaking output and not the continueous output which in a worst case scenario is 65w x4 at 4ohm / 125w x4 at 2ohm / 250w x2 at 4ohm. With your choice of subs I would not recommend this amplifier (based on your decsription of RFP2412). If you are planning on using this amp to only drive the subswoofers, a better choice can be made, consider a 501bd with two single voile coil HE 12" subs instead. If you are using this your 4 channel amp to power other speakers, let us know.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
noob 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2003 at 10:57 PM / IP Logged  
mannnnn i dunno what imma do now.........im back to square one again.....its like starting from scratch.......anyone have any reccomendations?
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2003 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged  

It's best that you start again at square 1 before you spend a whole pile of time and $ on all the wrong stereo equipment and have to do it again anyhow. Don't throw tht 501x away, it's a decent piece for running the front or rear speakers or it will temporarily run two single 4ohm voice coil sub like the RFP4412 or RFP4112 (the dvc HE2). You can always add a bigger, badder sub amp later on.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
noob 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2003 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged  
well i know my cousin has the 1200 watt amp, hes runnin one HE2 with that, and that hits like a mofo, see i work at bestbuy, so i'm tryin to purchase my stuff from there, i know we dont sell the best stuff but its a sh*tty car so im not tryin to have a trick system i just wanna get all the experience possible now so when i get a nice car i know what im doin, so for a decent price i want performance but i still want my discount

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic