icon

Ultra Start 1355 XR LEDs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
scknf 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2003 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  

I have the Ulrtra Start 1355A XR Remote starter on my vehicle.  On the antenna there are 2 blue LED's that flash when I lock the car using the Ultra Start remote.  Is there any way to disable the flashing LED's?  There are 4 wires in the harness for the antenna?  Can I just cut the one for the LED's, and if so which one to cut?

Thanks.

tjdurham 
Copper - Posts: 180
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2003 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  
call ultra direct 8666985872 ext 0 they can tell you
tj
scknf 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2003 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  

tjdurham, thanks for the suggestion. I used UltraStarts online tech support and they sent me the following response via e-mail:

There is no way to disable the LEDs. If you are that concerned you can remove the antenna from the windshield take the screw out from the back side then remove the case. Bend the LEDs so that they do not face out of the slots in the plastic.

Thank You,

Terry Thompson

Technical Support & Product

Development Manager

Applicated Security Technologies

866 698 5872 ext 302

866 418 2013 Fax

terry@ultrastarters.com

I have other problems with my remote starter and they will be addressed by the Installer on Saturday. But my problems are intermittend and I'm not sure what could be causing them, and when I spoke to the installer they had no suggestions. Does anyone know what could cause the following problems:

Engine often starts twice - The lights flash, the engine starts, the lights flash again, the engine stops, lights off, 5 or 6 seconds pass and the engine starts (and stays running) and the lights flash 4 times and remain on.

The Chrysler Sentry Key is bypassed at all times, and should only be bypassed when the remote start has been triggered (a bypass module was installed and a spare key is under the dash)

Brake Lights - sometimes do not work - A VERY SERIOUS SITUATION THAT COULD LEAD TO A TICKET OR A CAR ACCIDENT - I noticed this when the remote start did not disengage when I depressed the brake pedal. But again, it's intermittend…sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.

Any possible solutions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

spyderman_maryj 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2003 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  

I would suggest you take it back to the installer, and have them fix it... especially the NO brake light situation.  That is indeed VERY serious, and unless the installer will take responsiblity for you in an accident (don't count on it), I would not be satisfied with anything less..  As for the other problems, sounds like the bypass is gettting constant power and not just when the RS is activated.  This MAY also cause the intermitent double starting issue.  Either way, take it back and have them do it... if you do anything to it, they will likely say it was your fault, and try to charge you again for it.

P.S. Where did you have it installed?  I noticed you are from Canada also.

scknf 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2003 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  

I'm in St. John's, Newfoundland on the east Coast.  I don't want to say the name of the installer until I find out how they treat me on Saturday.  Once fixed I'll let you know who it was and if they fixed my problems or not.

Scott.

scknf 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2003 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  

CarTunes and Accessories fixed all the problems today.

The engine was starting twice because the transponder bypass module was not hooked up correctly and the car's theft system was shutting it down when it didn't find a proper transponder key.

The wiring harness was too short and was pulling on the brake switch and causing a bad connection.

SK

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic