icon

2002 trailblazer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
italnpimp59 
Silver - Posts: 427
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2003 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  
well if anyone has put security in one of these then you probably know why im posting about it.  what the hell is up with these locks?  i gotta go to both doors, then to the rear hatch motor.  and then trigger the relays under the backseat!  can GM make their vehicles a little bit harder to work on? lol  anyway, i got the front driver door to lock/unlock as needed.  i didnt go to the passenger door yet.  i went on to the relays under the back seat.  the directed program said to wire the negative lock/unlock outputs to the 85 pin on the relays.  i got the lock to work, but for some strange reason, the unlock wont work.  the relay wont even click when the alarm is disarmed.  the relay is fine, cause it works with the factory switch.  so whats the deal?  maybe i can find the unlock wire in that harness and trigger it with negative pulse?  any one know what color it is?  oh yeah, also is there an easier way to lock and unlock the hatch without running wire all the way to the hatch to find the motor?  any help appreciated!  thanks in advance!
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2003 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  
You need a GMDL1. I wouldnt touch a Trailblazer without one.
Take a look here:
GMDL1 Databus Interface Module
To Buy one for $38
Install Manual
This module controls the locks, arming and disarming through the databus wire at the OBDII connector under the dash. Piece of cake!
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
italnpimp59 
Silver - Posts: 427
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2003 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  
damn it sure would have been nice to have one of those!  well i figured it out the hard way, and i got it all to work.  it just took way longer than any other alarm i have ever done!  it sucked! lol   well now i know how to do it the hard way so if anyone wants to know how to do it with out that little module.  PM me or something and ill explain it to u!
mxxmikexx 
Silver - Posts: 796
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2003 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
yeah i got stuck doing that on the first t.blazer i did a few years ago. I'll never do that again. you have to five wire the drivers and passanger lock motors, negative trigger for the rear doors and five wire the rear hatch
Mike Battaglia
Specialized Car Audio
Bensenville IL 60106
Haku 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2003 at 7:15 AM / IP Logged  
I feel for you, I almost had to do one of those, untill I found the GMDL(1-5).  I was dreading doing it.  Dei has a good fax for doing it without the module. 
Hak
Siemens Autostart

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic