icon

Bass Module?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
flashalexb 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2003 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  
My friend gave me all his stereo equipment and Im not sure what one of the things is. Its made by Farenheit by Power Acoustik and the model number is BC-BASS. On it, it says High Performance Electronic Bass Driver. It has 3 dials. Input lever Min to Max, Phase -shift left 0 to 180 and phase-shift right 0 to 180. Then there is a switch that changes the mode from stereo to mono. The side of it looks like a amp it has Input L&R, Output L&R, Remote (subwoofer level control), Power- B+, GND, REM, and a fuse. Does anyone know anything about this and what is it for?
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2003 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like a line driver; your head unit puts out a signal which may be 2.0 volts. The signal then goes into the line driver and is boosted to 5.0 volts on the output. The higher the voltage the cleaner the signal is to the amp. So it’s basically like a signal booster. Phase - The relative position of two sound waves with respect to each other. The phase on you driver is referring to the polarity of the subwoofer. If you have the correct phase the subwoofers cone will move outward when a signal is sent to it. If the phase is reversed the cone will move inwards.  
flashalexb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2003 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  

Alright so where do I hook it up at? B4 the amp or after and how do u know what a good phase is

Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2003 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
before the amp.   i think its inphase is what it should be set at...
I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2003 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  

ditto Maxst

flashalexb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2003 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
Is there a diagram on the internet (like a picture) that shows how a line driver is hooked up. Im kind of confused. Do I just get a short set of RCAs and hook the RCAs from the headunit into the input of the line driver and then stick the shorter RCAs in the output from the line driver to the amp and then just atach the power wire, ground, and remote to the power wire, ground, and remote from the amp?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic