icon

dedicated remote starter forum

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
defective 
Silver - Posts: 642
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2003 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged  

how about a dedicated remote starter forum, this would be great so that i can distinguish it from the security stuff.  People go into the security forum and go

"i need a diagram for a 99 ford explorer"

I get all my info out of The Book, so i have to type everything out. If i knew they didn't need the doorpins and stuff i wouldn't have to type so much and could have more time to help others too.

this has probably been asked a bunch of times but i thought i would give it a swing, maybe because of liability issues or something casue you have to be certified to install starters.   dunno, just a thought

the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2003 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  

Hi Josh, thanks for the idea. I understand the problem with vague topics and members should as well, but I don't think creating a dedicated forum for remote starters will solve the problem.

If we did add a dedicated forum for remote starters, it would create some new problems. Members installing an alarm or keyless entry with a remote starter would be posting similar topics in both forums which would defeat the purpose of the dedicated forum in the first place. This would then make it more difficult to search for specific vehicle information, and the most noticeable problem would be a slower site than we have now.

Much of the information needed for a remote starter install is also needed for an alarm or keyless entry install and vice versa and most of the time when someone is installing a remote starter, they are also installing an alarm or keyless entry, or they are adding the remote starter to an existing alarm or keyless entry. When members include all the security information they have when they reply to a post in the car security forum, even if it is more than what was requested or needed to answer the original post, it helps other members that are doing a similar install in the same vehicle.

The solution and what would be helpful to all members is if members would be more specific when creating new topics instead of being so vague as many (not all) have been. 

Examples:

"99 Ford Explorer remote start " versus "99 ford explorer"
"99 Ford Explorer stereo diagram" versus "i need a diagram for a 99 ford explorer"

dedicated remote starter forum -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
defective 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2003 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  
Thanx for the reply.. I understand
the12volt 
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2003 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged  
You're welcome ;)
dedicated remote starter forum -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
defective 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2003 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged  
how about an ignition bypass forum....laugh. I can keep dishin' em out if you keep replying....grin
the12volt 
Posted: November 15, 2003 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks, but no thanks.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic