icon

1993 ford explorer speaker wires

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cidslip 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2003 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  
what is the the color wiring code for the speakers? what wires go to what wires?
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2003 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged  
If you look at the navigation links to the left of this window, there is one called "Vehicle Information."  Here's your truck: https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/detail.asp?info=alarm&year=1993&make=Ford&model=Explorer&ID=17796&type=Stereo
SoundzGood 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2003 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  
(LF) ORANGE / green + BLACK/ white -
(RF) WHITE/ green + BLACK/ white -
(LR) Pink/green + pink/blue -
(RR) Blue/orange+ GREEN/ orange -
defective 
Silver - Posts: 642
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2003 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  

ok.... here you go:

12v+ - blue/red

ignition - blue/black

ground - black

LF speaker - purple(+), blue/orange(-)

RF speaker - blue/white(+), white(-)

LR speaker - WHITE/ blue(+), RED / blue(-)

RR speaker - WHITE/ blue(+), blue(-)

you will have to test the speakers with a battery to figure out the correct white with blue stripe

cidslip 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2003 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
Ok yes I have found all that info but it does not help me at all. OK! I have green, white w/red, white w/orange, blue, blue w/black, yellow, brown, and purple w/white wires coming from my truck. I need to know what of those wires are my left and right front and rear wires.
bmoodie 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2004 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  
This is exactly the same wiring colours that are in my 1996 Ford Explorer. Did you ever get to the bottom of this problem?
I need help!
danxav13 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2004 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  
That's what the battery is for.  You take the "suspect" positve and negative wires for one speaker and touch them to c or d cell battery and you should hear a pop or scratchy sound.  Note where it is coming from then label the wires.  Simple.  The best way to do it is use a wiring harness.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2004 at 12:15 AM / IP Logged  
You may have a hidden amp in your vehicle, in this case the color codes may be different. The amp is usually located behind the panel on the passenger side behind the back seat. If there is an amp here, there will be two plugs in it (usually), one plug is the harness from the front of the truck, the other carries the speaker output wires and power wires. This second plug usually has 8 wires on the top and 3 on the bottom, the 8 wires are the speaker wires, you can either run new lines from the cd player to this plug or use the other harness by cutting the plugs away and using the line as an extension.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
bmoodie 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2004 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks guys,
Okay I gave in an went to an installer. They had the correct wiring harness (Best Buy had sold me the wrong one). I seems I do have a hidden amp in the back passenger side panel but the installer was able to get around it by using the wiring harness and some professional know how!!
Thanks again,
Brian.
wayland1985 
Silver - Posts: 353
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2004 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry to break you the news bmoodie, but you could've done it yourself!!!  CRUTCHFIELD HAS ALLLLL YOU NEED, FOR FREE TO INSTALL YOUR SYSTEM BY YOURSELF, assuming you buy from them.   I have a 94 explorer, and with a few connections had it working golden.......check them out sometime! 

~wayland
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic