icon

alarm won’t work in certain prking lot?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
HamiltonAudio 
Silver - Posts: 278
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2003 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  

I installed an Omega K9 Classic security system in a 1994 Ford Ranger XLT....also did 35 lb solenoids, stainless poppers and triggered them with channels 2 and 3 from the alarm, and it works awesome.  Last week the customer told me that he just about couldn't get his door open...as if the alarm didn't see the remote.  Tried like 20 times, and it finally went.  After that instance, all had been well.

He tells me know he's narrowed it down to a specific parking lot!!  If he parks in the small parking lot in front of his favourite snowboard shop, the alarm JUST WON'T RECEIVE SIGNAL!!!!  The moment they park next door or anywhere else, it works fine!!!!!  He's tested it thoroughly, and as long as he's in front of that building, it just won't work.

Can anyone explain this to me?  I've been an installer for over 10 years now, and have NEVER heard of this...he loves the unit/feature set, and all works well 99.9% of the time...except in that parking lot.  Obviously some kind of RF noise or high frequency interference is present there...but....

??????

b

Haku 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2003 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  

My wife has the same problem with her remote start on her Concorde at work.  She works at the hospital, and she parks near the helo pad, doesnt work very well when the car is parked there.  Only thing I can think of is the radar interfearance.  I read a news report about some place on the east coast that had a similar problem with interfearance, larger scale, like three square miles, due to radar testing from a Navy ship in port.  No car remotes would work, factory or otherwise.

Hak
Siemens Autostart
rudbwoy69camaro 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2003 at 1:08 AM / IP Logged  
There is this retaurant where we go to sometimes.  I am unable to arm/disarm my '02 Tahoe with the keyfob.  I have to place it on the windshield, near the dashboard level-and then will it work.  Same thing happens with my brother in law's '02 Windstar.   phat time inerferance....
atomsite 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2003 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged  
Something must be on the same band as the remote. What frequency does that remote operate at? I bet that Compustar spread sprectrum system won't have this problem.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic