icon

98 monte carlo alarm/remote start install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
losboricua 
Copper - Posts: 135
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2003 at 8:26 AM / IP Logged  

im installin my alarm/ remote start 2day.  welli have install many alarms but never one with passlock II.  i got a 98 monte carlo and need some help to find the cable.  i was readin about old post in here but need some more.   so the ground cable and the passlock cable run with the other ingnition cables and are the 2 smallest one right??  what color are they if anyone know the color for them in my car.

thanks

carlos

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2003 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  
There are 3 wires that have to do with passlock and they are usually right next to each other. They are black, yellow, and RED / white. Black is the passlock ground, and yellow is the wire that gets cut. RED / white is not used. All of what I just said, is rather useless to you, since your car has VATS.
VATS has two wires running up to the key cylinder. Near the key cylinder they are both white and about 24 gauge in size. If you follow it down it will come to a 2 pin connector. On the other side of the connector the wires will be WHITE/ black and violet/black....or something similar. They will also be thicker....about 18 or 20 gauge. I grab the wires there. Wire a relay as follows:
86: constant +12v
85: ground when running from remote start
87: put a resistor that matches the resistance of the pellet in your key on this wire and connect it to one of the VATS wires....don't matter which one.
87a: cut the other VATS wires and connect the key side to this terminal
30: connect to the other side of the wire you just cut
Don't worry, if you screw it up, the car won't start.   :)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic